1.6 Fsi Engine Warning Light.

AN53LA Y

Hi - my first actual post although have been borrowing your collective knowledge for a wee while now.
I had an engine warning light on and being a Senior Parts Supervisor and in the motor trade for the last 22 years working with Daf/Foden trucks and LDV/Fiat vans i am lucky to have a workshop, mechanics, tools and various dignostic equipment at my disposal so i thought lets get this light out.
Plugged it in to an OBD 2 diagnostic machine and got the fault code which told me my Pre-Cat Nox Sensor was faulty - £100.
Meanwhile my MPG was as poor as my Porsche 944 S2 Cabriolet which will pass anything on the road apart from a Petrol Station!!
Before i knew it it was up on the ramp engine covers off and the offending item changed 15 minutes later and i was done.
Was it that easy i asked myself?
Cleared the fault code and with a smirk of satisfaction drove home.
No light !!
A week later and whilst pushing the "go" pedal quite hard to pass someone lo and behold it was back on.
another diagnostic and 17439 P1031 Intake Manifold Runner Control valve (N316) specific value not reached. after a search of the Forum it appears to be Carbon build up is most likely cause - do i attempt it myself??
If anyone can give my any tips or procedure for this it would be appreciated.
The attached images show the old one, the new one and where it attaches on to the downpipe.
Or if the faulty valve needs changed if anyone has undertaken this their self.
regards
Alex

Is there an EGR blanking plate to help avoid this issue entirely?

make one by copying the gasket, but without the large hole in the middle :)
a small (3mm) hole may be necessary to prevent the ECU throwing a MIL Light (FSI only from memory), certainly not needed on the TDI as you can just remove the vacuum pipe from it and the EGR is none operational

Cheers,
Paul

Back