Removing bonnet

Kirrran

Apologies if this info is already provided on Forum, but does anyone know how to remove the bonnet on the A2. Is it straightforward to but back in place too?

hi ,release inspection flap at front of bonnet then turn the two knobs till they release,,then pull bonnet towards you,easy!!!

It probably has, but I'll tell you anyway ;) :D.

Pop the front inspection panel open, behind the flipped down panel you'll find two grey knobs, turn the them anti clockwise and the bonnet should then slide forwards and off. When you put it back on locate the bonnet corners correctly first and then slide it forwards and flat. You'll know if its in the wrong place because you won't be able to do the knobs back up, and the shut lines will be wrong.

Its very easy once you've done it a few times. :)

Or, as West London Audi told me when I went to test drive an A2 earlier this year and I asked to look at the engine bay - oh no, the bonnet can only be opened by a service engineer, it's sealed!

It's really very easy as described perfectly above.

Apologies if this info is already provided on Forum, but does anyone know how to remove the bonnet on the A2. Is it straightforward to but back in place too?

I wont repeat the instructions yet again but would offer some other advise, though some will say I'm over cautious!

1. find somewhere safe to store the bonnet where kids, dogs, the wind wont blow it over, and use clothes/blankets to protect the paintwork

2. get assistance, at least for putting it back on: one either side with one hand under the bonnet holding the lugs and gently guide them into the slots. People say they can do it on their own but a gust of wind or a distraction and the lugs could mark the paint work next to the water gulley.

Mines marked - the garage did that, so when I took it for the MOT I took my wife to help me remove the bonnet, covered it and then we marched into the reception area with the bonnet and sat on their sofas with our reading materials to pass the time. Should have seen the look on the receptionist face!

If anyone knows of a custom bonnet jacket then do say, but I guess I might have to make my own out of say bubble wrap.

Back