Webasto

A2DK

Think the old webasto has gone on the a2, nothing firing up in the morning. Usualy I get the 'smoke' from the driver side front wheel area but have had nothing for the past few mornings the temp has been low. Is the 'smoke' normal anyway? Does it do anything to the engine at all if it doesnt work because i can do without it if its a costly repair job?

Think the old webasto has gone on the a2, nothing firing up in the morning. Usually I get the 'smoke' from the driver side front wheel area but have had nothing for the past few mornings the temp has been low. Is the 'smoke' normal anyway? Does it do anything to the engine at all if it doesn't work because i can do without it if its a costly repair job?

Hi A2DK,

My Webasto stopped working, but when I replaced the ageing main battery it started again. Have a search on here using Webasto and you should find a few posts of owner's experiences. It does not do any harm if it is not working, but it is inconvenient having to wait a long time for the engine to warm up; but perhaps you can live with that?

John.

Hi.
I had the same problem on my Webasto last winter. It would not start at all. After a quick diag with my Vag-Com I found a fault code in the additional heater. Glow-plug Q8 Implausible signal. Now, this plug has a built-in flamdetector. I took apart the heater and cleaned the plug. Thats it! It was simply coverded in soot.....

It is also possible to upgrade the Webasto with a timer and even a GSM reciever. I just ordered the parts at my local Webasto-dealer, complete with an asembly manual. http://www.stanitzok.de/webastoa2audi.pdf

I am really looking forward to get it installed. :)

Hello Newton72,
I have been thinking of the same lately. Either I would like to upgrade webasto or install an electric engine heater. How much approximately this upgrade costs?

Cost...

Hello Newton72,
I have been thinking of the same lately. Either I would like to upgrade webasto or install an electric engine heater. How much approximately this upgrade costs?

Hi.
I bought the Webasto Thermo Top E and the Thermo Call Connect at my local dealer in Bergen for 13700 NOK including a prepaid SIM-card...
I¨m going to install it myself during the xmas hollidays.... :)

OK, thanks for the info. I think I have to stay with the standard webasto at least this winter and save money :)

Hi.
I bought the Webasto Thermo Top E and the Thermo Call Connect at my local dealer in Bergen for 13700 NOK including a prepaid SIM-card...
I¨m going to install it myself during the xmas hollidays.... :)
HELLO!
See image of my webasto id plate attached. Do you know is there additional water pump installed in system and what is work needed to have also remote or timer controlled option installed. Idea is to have park heating possibility..
Read also some topics that maybe programming needed to have system co-operate with A/C..
Any comments and experiences are welcome!
Thanks!

perkele, another one :)

There's a big thread on this elsewhere, the conversion; there's also a kit from cum-cartec to convert....
Audi A2 mit Climatronik Umrüstsatz zur Standheizung
Artikel-Nr.: 8ZSH1

Umrüstsatz Zuheizer zur Standheizung Audi A2 1,4 TDI mit Climatronik

Lieferzeit: 5 Tage

295,00 EUR
inkl. MwSt.

www.cum-cartec.de (yes, that really is the company name)....

Bret

Kiitti bretti_kivi. Oh, why all stuff related to A2 happens to be written in Germany :)

I can see there some plugs or things that are related to the climate control unit. The tutorial shows automatic climate control but I have the manual device. Does somebody know if this could be attached to a car with a manual climate control?

HELLO!
See image of my webasto id plate attached. Do you know is there additional water pump installed in system and what is work needed to have also remote or timer controlled option installed. Idea is to have park heating possibility..
Read also some topics that maybe programming needed to have system co-operate with A/C..
Any comments and experiences are welcome!
Thanks!

After I have installed my kit this christmas I will post my experience here. Study the installationmanual from my first post. On the last two pages you will see all the parts that are required to make this work. Tha manual applies to the basic, that is only with a timer. There is no additional pump already in the car, but it is included in the kit. The kit costs NOK 6500 at my local dealer. It very easy to put on additional controllers. I.a the Thermo Call CONNECT (Send an SMS to the car to set the timer or just turn on the webasto), or one of two remotes T80 or T100HTM....

the opinion about non-climate cars seems to be that it should be easier, but it will turn the fan on no matter where it was; if anything, it should be easier. But then you'll need to remember to put it on hot and 1 and screen before leaving the car ?!

Bret

the opinion about non-climate cars seems to be that it should be easier, but it will turn the fan on no matter where it was; if anything, it should be easier. But then you'll need to remember to put it on hot and 1 and screen before leaving the car ?!

Bret

As far as I can read from the instalationmanual you can simply ignore the single wire green/white on the wireing kit. But of course, you will have to put it on hot and I one like you already enticipated. (This is a mecanical switch wich allows the heated fluid to pass trough the interior part of the system) The single gren/withe wire gives the climatecontrol unit a signal to do the same thing. (The switch is elertical....) I deduce.... :)

OK, thanks for the information. It sounds sensible that mechanical switches has to be left to correct positions in order the system to work properly. That wouldn't be too difficult to remeber the switches when leaving the car :)

But how the system can switch the fan for the interior on to spread the heat? I guess there should be a cable to wake up the climate control unit somehow, right?

Last edited:
perkele, another one :)

There's a big thread on this elsewhere, the conversion; there's also a kit from cum-cartec to convert....
Audi A2 mit Climatronik Umrüstsatz zur Standheizung
Artikel-Nr.: 8ZSH1

Umrüstsatz Zuheizer zur Standheizung Audi A2 1,4 TDI mit Climatronik

Lieferzeit: 5 Tage

295,00 EUR
inkl. MwSt.

www.cum-cartec.de (yes, that really is the company name)....

Bret

Niin, saatana:)

Okey, very good links and sorry for raising up questions answered before..
Manuals were good and installation should be possible with them.

Bretti: The link and kit at cum-cartec was with clock. Do you know kit with remote contol device?

I think I found info from same web-page:
Webasto Fernbedienung Telestart T 91
Article-Nr.: WT91

So standard kit is always with timer and to have it remote controlled you need to by this telestart T91.

Last edited:
@jupis: yep, there is (as I understand - I run a petrol and can't afford the €800 for a burner and installation) - a cable / relay to turn the fan on. It's the fan that eats most of the power and that's why I'd also suggest not using the heating too much or installing a defa charger / second battery / whatever. The general suggestion is to let it run as long as you're going to drive.

@mclaine - I will have to look for the remote control, but I think they're expensive. Have you googled for the GSM Control stuff? I'm sure there's a Finn who has already done this somewhere.

I also feel a meet coming on in summer... Pulkkilan Harju, anyone? (great driving roads, not necessarily so in winter...)

Bret

Back