200 BHP 1.8T a2

Wimbers

I could not find a thread on this one here, but some dude in Germany Built a 1.8T audi A2 with a donor body, engine etc, with TUV on it. (maybe Erstens has posted it once though)
check the forum in german, but the pictures say more than thousand words.

i came across it while searching if anyone was crazy enough to fit a 1.4 TFSI in an A2, preferably with DSG, but this is even crazyer. (fitting a 1.4 TSFI DSG would be my dream project)

a2-freun.de

fw1.JPG

Hi Wimbers,

This has been posted here in the past, but it has been a while since I have seen an update. Congratulations to Almu! 220KPH converts to 142MPH, not quite the magic 150MPH but very, very close. Now that's what I call an Audi.:D This is surely the fastest A2 on the planet. I'm sure that car can also grind down a set of front tyres in record time. If it can get the power down is it also the quickest A2?

John.

Oh I love that! Now he should transplant the haldex quattro system in from the A3/TT then I'll be really really impressed!

I reckon he's hugely limited by traction, there will be a lot of torque from that engine and it'll just scrub everywhere - I'd say 7-ish from not being able to get it down on the tarmac.

Always thought the A2 would be a hoot with 225 BAM engine in it! It's a good enough engine in my Cupra R but with the weight benefits of my wifes A2 it would be mental :D

Hmmmm... maybe a little engine swap project for a sunday afternoon :rolleyes:

Back