News The new VW POLO: first pictures

Johann

I LOVE this car. Really grown up looking, lovely interior, perfect proportions... Maybe it looks a tad too much like the Golf VI from the front but all else what more would you want in a car? (Maybe a full width full length sunroof and that is it!)

AND it weighs 7,5% less than the old one!

To my eyes this looks a MILLION times better than the pudgy awkward looking Audi A1. I know where my money will go if I have to choose between these two.

01-2010-vw-polo-concept.jpg

04-2010-vw-polo-concept.jpg

02-2010-vw-polo-concept.jpg

21-2010-vw-polo-concept.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/03/geneva-2009-2010-volkswagen-polo/

Looks nice - Golf from the front, A3 from the side. It's probably as big as a Golf Mk4 anyway!

Agreed, very nice indeed, and now top of my shopping list as a replacement for my wife's Golf Mk5. Hope they don't make it too expensive, and keep all the best spec for the home market.

it does look very smart! The TSI engines will be most interesting. 1.2TSI for 103bhp and 51.4mpg (imperial), with DSG, it is perfect for city driving.

I did say to make this car perfect it just needs a huge sunroof and reading the press release it says:

A panorama sunroof and bi-xenon headlights will follow at a later time (as an option).

Nice one.

Ahhhhh,

A1 has blown it.

That, is a VERY well proportioned, nice looking five door hatch. A difficult thing to achieve (with the 5 doors)

A1 is a bit of a dog AND it is only 3 doors

Not bad at all, in a very Golf kind of way.

However, if there's one bugbear I always have with car design, it's that the top of the side windows should line up with the bonnet line, in side profile. This is one of the subconscious appeals of the A2 and the A-range in general.

So, I've done a little photochop to demonstrate:

02-2010-vw-polo-conceptcopy.jpg

Cheers,

Mike

Back