fsi:problem flap intake manifold

ific

i ve got a problem with my 1.6l fsi :the rod of the vacuum unit has broken so i decided to clean the lower intake manifold.so i need some help to make a good job,i know what some members made it themselve.
is it possible to change the vacuum unit without remove the manifold?

Last edited:
is your car sort of ratteling or sounding like a desil when you start the engine? this is what myn does and wondering if its the problem you describe?

thanks scott

I am here!
Strip and clean was not a major job but not for the faint hearted, but def possible for the good home DIY mechanic. Mine had only done 35k miles and wasn't that dirty, turned out to be a problem with the solenoid that operates the flap. It was leaking slightly internally so the flap would creep to a position the ECU did not want and hence threw up a fault code. It has been fine since ( apart from a couple of coil packs ) and a lamda sensor.... Thank the lord for VCDS.

Shout up if you want more detail.

cheers

I removed only the upper intake manifold,and i cleaned the lower manifold;but i don't understand how to change the vacuum unit?is it necessary to remove the lower intake manifold?

Back