Information Was there an A2 Recall??

Sarge

A2OC Donor
I was browsing the old internet and came across this:

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/re...5D21046E9BC66980256BB9002696D5&freeText=Blank

It is a Vosa recall on the early A2's, Is everyone aware of this?

Reference :
R/2001/003Manufacturer Ref : Make:AUDIModel :A2Launch Date :2/26/2001Numbers Involved :1028Build Start Date :1/1/2000Build End Date : 12/31/2000

Concern :ELECTRICAL FIRE Description :Air conditioner components may come into contact with the starter motor in a frontal collision. This could result in a short circuit and an electrical fire. Remedial Action :Recall vehicles to fit a protective cover to the starter motor. Vehicle Id :WAUzzz8Zz1N000107 to WAUzzz8Zz1N027533

I thought I'd just bring it to everyone's attention.

Cheers

SARGE

I found another two:

Reference :R/2002/143
Manufacturer Ref :69E1
Make:AUDIModel :A2, A3, A4, A6 & TT
Launch Date :26/10/2002
Numbers Involved :541
Build Start Date :Build End Date :
Recall DetailsConcern :AIRBAG MAY NOT DEPLOY Description :On 79 vehicles within the VIN ranges affected (with 3-spoke sports steering wheel) it is possible that, in the event of a collision impact above the triggering threshold of the airbags, the driver's airbag may not be deployed.
Remedial Action :The drivers airbag unit will be replaced on all affected vehicles with 3-spoke sports steering wheel. Vehicle Id :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Vehicle Details
Reference :R/2004/213
Manufacturer Ref :20L1
Make:AUDIModel :A2,A3 AND A4 (WITH 2 VALVE PUMP INJECTOR ENGINELaunch Date :01/03/2005
Numbers Involved :14820Build Start Date :01/03/2004Build End Date : 31/08/2004
Recall DetailsConcern :BOLTS OF THE TANDEM FUEL PUMP COVER MAY BREAK Description :It is advised that, on some vehicles fitted with a 3 and 4 cylinder pump injector engine, the bolts of the tandem fuel pump cover may break due to a bolt production fault. As a result, the pump housing will not be tight, and a diesel fuel leak may occur. Remedial Action :Recalled vehicles will have the pump checked for being of a certain manufacture. If found to be within the affected range, the pump housing cover bolts will be replaced. Vehicle Id :

:(

Cheers

SARGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Was there never a recall on the plastic coating of the radio/climate control buttons must have caused a major problem??

Chris

Are these recalls solely for UK customers or do they apply to all concerned A2 owners no matter where they live ?

Thanks

Back