Mirror switch broke...

Deadman

... off in my hand! Ok, well fingertip maybe.

The passenger-side mirror was not responding (as per fairly usual) and so I was pushing and pulling the knob, and unfortunately it has snapped off entirely.

Any tips on mending it (superglue?)
Or is it best and easy to replace entirely... any going spare?

Many thanks

If it wasn't responding for a while, then rather than waste time gluing the knob back etc and then being back at square one with the same old original problem, get a replacement and be over and done with it mate.

Cheers

Sarge

Anyone have a spare, or know the best place to order one from?
Is there a part number I need – mine is electric front windows only.

Hi try KJ Cars (John) 07894627837, he's in Northampton NN4 5AL.

I just rang him for you, and he thinks he's got one but will check it during working hours. ;)

Cheers

Sarge

Hi try KJ Cars (John) 07894627837, he's in Northampton NN4 5AL.

I just rang him for you, and he thinks he's got one but will check it during working hours. ;)

Cheers

Sarge

Sarge, you are a star!
Above and beyond I would say.

I had a reply from Stoke quoting a shade under £23 before postage, Interesting to see what your man comes up with.

Many, many thanks

Sarge, you are a star!
Above and beyond I would say.

I had a reply from Stoke quoting a shade under £23 before postage, Interesting to see what your man comes up with.

Many, many thanks

Same thing happened to me today. Anyone knows how much cheaper these can be sourced for and how difficult is it to change? Thanks

Don't forget that new parts from Audi dealers carry a 2 year warranty and this is well worth it in certain cases.

Cheers,

Mike

Don't forget that new parts from Audi dealers carry a 2 year warranty and this is well worth it in certain cases.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for this tip. So I just received my mirror switch from Stoke Audi. Can anyone tell me if there is a "how to" on replacing this switch? The replacement switch is black without any ledgends on it, so I am assuming that the cover prises off to expose the broken switch unit? Does the knob on the new switch pulls off for the fitting?

Thanks for this tip. So I just received my mirror switch from Stoke Audi. Can anyone tell me if there is a "how to" on replacing this switch? The replacement switch is black without any ledgends on it, so I am assuming that the cover prises off to expose the broken switch unit? Does the knob on the new switch pulls off for the fitting?

I did a 'how to' on the removal of the door trim follow this and then you will need to unplug/disconnect the wiring to the trim. Turn the trim over and remove or even loosen the several screws holding on the door door handly into which the switch surround is fitted.
This will allow the switch trim to move away and be uncliped up and out. Turn switch housing over and insert a thin blade like object, to release the switch and insert replacement switch. Fitting is obviously the reverse.

I am writing this off the top of my head, but I think it is correct.

I will locate the trim removal 'How to' and add it here for you in a few mins.

Where are you located?

Cheers

Sarge

Edit: here's the link for the door trim removal

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10200&highlight=how+to+remove+drivers+door+trim

Last edited by a moderator:
Back