The downside of lowered front springs

alanm

A2OC Donor
For those of you considering fitting lowered front springs such as, for example, Weitec minus 30mm to the front suspension of your A2 - there may be a significant consequential cost involved you are not aware of.

After fitting Koni fsd shock absorbers all round and Weitec minus 30 mm springs to the front of my A2, I presumed that the slight scraping sound I heard every time I negotiated the tarmac-based 'sleeping policemen' at the entrance to 2 of my local refuse tips was down to contact being made with the rubber front mud flaps fitted to my car.

Today I discovered the real sound source. The underside of the front bumper (the anthracite coloured section) is now replete with score marks (up to 2mm deep) across most of its width - this being the initial point of contact.

Result? = £150 to get the underside of the front bumper filled and refurbed.

I thought it might have been cheaper to go for a replacement part but my local body shop advised me this is a 'no go' as the section concerned is integral with the front bumper.

Conclusion? = factor the above bitter experience into your decision re. whether to replace stock A2 front spings with e.g. Weitecs. Personally, I now wish I'd gone for standard length Audi replacements or hung on to source standard length Spidans.

As the best piece of consumer advice goes CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Last edited:
Not had this problem with mine Alan but when i got my car it was well battered anyway and have left it, so anymore wont make much difference to me

Phil

Back