Recommendation : Skipton Autos

davidkoulakis

A2OC Donor
Just to say, IMO, there is only ONE place all A2's should go for servicing....Skipton Auto's, home of the Tank

Had my girlfriends A2 Colour.Storm in for a Long Life service.

She (both the A2 and the gfriend) are VERY happy with the service and the extra mile that Skipton Autos go

Excellent VFM also

No brainer

oh and she drove over 100 miles to take it there

Seconded - just had my 02 reg 75tdi serviced by Mike inc fuel filter and brake fluid change for a very reasonable price, excellent service, if only all garages were this good! Many thanks Mike.
Just paid for tax too - £30 a year, £32 to fill up, 49mpg (90% stop start max 30mph Manchester traffic with roadworks), twins happy in the back, good sound system, quality cabin feel, all in all a bl**dy good little car! Quite unreal for 113k miles...
Russ

I'll Third that - Just had Mike carry out a Long-life service & Brake fluid change and was very happy with job. A very informative and friendly chap, highly recommended + peace of mind that the job was done right (pollen filter was put in wrong way round by previous Audi service !!!).

I drove 60 miles to get this service (as have others on this forum) - a complement in itself to Skipton Auto's.

cheers

cheers for that information guys will take that into account next time mine is due a service plus im on the look out for an A2 TDI for the wife as she takes her driving test 16/08/10 think if she has a car on drive it will give her more incentive to pass.

Skipton service

Last year we spent one night in Chester and Mike kindly came to the hotel and fitted cruise control for me. This year we had almost a week in the Chester area so we arranged major (for me) work.

At Mike's suggestion I dropped wife and son off at the Trafford Centre and then helped myself to the free croissants, muffins and coffee in Costco. After a reasonably traffic free drive to Skipton Autos Mike put new pads and discs all round, new fuel filter, new oil and oil filter, new air filter and fixed the ashtray that I'd been too lazy/stupid to do myself.

Mike is a throughly nice guy as well as a font of knowledge of all things A2. Had we talked about the 5th gear mod prior to my visit I would have had it done too but that may get sorted in a visit later this year.

If, like myself, you are not mechanically minded or don't have the patience then a visit to Mike is a must. Please take into account that Mike is 300 miles and a ferry trip away from me but if I lived within 200 miles(and no ferry) of Mike I'd be pestering him at least once of month!

Move to the Coleraine area Mike and watch the NW200 every year!

Cheers

glock17

I would not go anywhere else, Well worth the drive from cambridge.

Lev wish your wife good luck from me. I am sure she will pass:D

David

I would not go anywhere else, Well worth the drive from cambridge.

Lev wish your wife good luck from me. I am sure she will pass:D

David

Will do cheers. I think im more nervas than her but im shore she will do fine

HI ! late to this gthread but does anyone know if this guy is still going and how do i contact him ?

@MattA2 whereabouts in Cheshire are you? My A2 has been looked after by James Lowick / Audi Doctor in Stockport for ten years; started at 40k miles, now at 165k. In that time the car hasn’t missed a beat. I would highly recommend using them.

Andrew

Back