Electrickerry

Gumbold

Hello all,

Just read somewhere that a new record has been set: over 600 km with an electric car.
This car is none other than our beloved A2 modified into an EV by German pros! :)
http://www.express.de/ratgeber/moto...ter-ohne-aufladen/-/2488/4776436/-/index.html
It's in german, but it states that the car drove from Munich to Berlin with no charge in between. It can do 130 kph an has CC, radio, servo, heated seats and usable boot.

Electric cheers, Gumbold

Last edited:
:D:cool:

An electric A2 would be a perfect daily and dare I say it a good way to keep early 1.4 going.

I love that they've chosen one to convert, it is the most up to date out of production car after all :p

the details are covered (including the maths about power required, used etc) on the German site, as usual... 90km/h average isn't too shabby and 18% when they got there is pretty impressive.

Huge questionmarks remain if it's possible for this to go into production, though; and it was also a standard A2, not a 3l (!).

Bret

the details are covered (including the maths about power required, used etc) on the German site, as usual... 90km/h average isn't too shabby and 18% when they got there is pretty impressive.

Huge questionmarks remain if it's possible for this to go into production, though; and it was also a standard A2, not a 3l (!).

Bret

Bret any links to the details of it all plz?

Cheers
Sarge

90km/h is 55mph, i think you'll be run over even by trucks on the autobhan! But a top speed of 130km/h is useful enough but I wonder how long you can travel at that speed. If as they say, no compromise to storage space and seating, it is potentially very useful for me as I normally do inner city driving only. Now, they need to sort out the charging times :-D

This is very interesting.

Could this great little car come back into prodution in a new form?

Is this the next new mod for Skipton's Autos:p:D

Remind me again why Audi stopped making and developing the A2?
Fantastic technology - makes the Nissan Leaf look rather 20th Century doesn't it.

Back