I've broken another bit on my OSS...ooops

nuttinnew

A2OC Donor
While trying to get it closed better for next weeks run to Rinner the driver's side broke...at least it matches the passenger side now but I've ended up with a nasty gap all round :(
Tomorrow's main puerchase will be a couple of rolls of decent duck tape...I'm pooping myself about doing 730 miles with it like this :eek:

I also skinned a finger & thumb cutting up an old bit of Passat soundproofing to wad the Bose and while out getting the A2 from the garage missed the post delivering my Waeco heated seat kit, it needs signing for and of course I can't to the delivery office during the week because of work :rolleyes:

I can't get hold of matey either for my winter steels :mad:

I think I might get a bit stressed this week :eek:

duct tape. If you can find some, you might want to insulate with Correk or depron. That would give some stiffness to the tape. It's going to be noisy....

Bret

It's noisy at 25mph :eek:

I've just dug an old door seal out of the garage, will see if a bit will fit the gap at the rear.

While I know the roof is designed to be open and sit in the wind I think my worry is that with broken cables there's nothing holding it shut and what if the wind gets under it? I don't have a lot of choice mind :D:eek:

I wish the Bose was a bit different, a bit more front endy and the woofer deeper but not a lot of time to play with that. A little though, pics in a mo...

I'm going to try and get the cruise during lunch breaks this week - it won't fit itself - aside from that, booking the ferry, booking accommodation, fitting the winters, adjusting the headlights and wedging the other interior in (delivering to Karlsruhe) I'm ready :rolleyes: I want to get back to being me, to being organised :( It'll be good, I've watched Al Murray for inspiration :cool:

They're out, other ones hooked in place and if the fronts were non-airbag I'd've swapped my passenger also but it'll all fit, I've done it a couple of times before :)
I've also got some bits of foam that come round the edge of new windscreens, I'll try them in the gap between the roof/lining & glass tomorrow, should help draughts & sealing :)

duct tape across the front and over the top of the lid might also help it, but essentially at 50 km/h you have a vacuum so it may be pulled shut. Take some simple tools with you and lots of tape :)

Bret

Sounds like you're having a right old time of it - good luck!
Did you retro-fit the A2 Bose Amp and Sub? Nice work. It's not a massively "Phat" sound but certainly gives weight, dynamic range and clarity in the mid-range, all of which was lacking in the non-Bose setup.

Hi Dan, the Bose was factory fitted :) It sounds less midbassy atm but it's not a fair comparison because the seats are tilted, false floor and luggage cover out etc. It doesn't seem to be pulling the sound back though.

The roof is taped up and lovely and quiet. The door seal I used fitted perfectly between the headliner/roof & glass and the groove in it sits perfectly on the blind :cool:
I'm quite happy with it, wish I'd made the cut ends neater now but I'm sure I'll have other things to worry about when I try and take it off :eek:

I've IDd the pins & wires on the cruise control switch I snaffled from a mk4 Golf (I'll endeavour to fit it over two lunchtimes), have acquired another phone and got the heated seat kit today. I really can't see that getting fitted though:p

I'll ignore the epc & management lights coming on....

Back