SatNav - will it fit?

jembob

Hi,

I've got hold of a DNS satnav kit from an A4 (basic instructions through the DIS screen rather than colour map etc..) and wanted to know if it will fit the A2 I'm getting. Not so worried about the wiring as I have someone who does that as a job but more concerned about the additional brackets/moulding I may need. I've seen A2s advertised with this kit so I'm guessing it must fit somewhere?

Hi jembob

I have never seen this conversion done before but here are a few pointers.
.The main unit for the A2 has a unique part number which suggests it is not interchangable with the A4 part. At worst it may be electronically different or it could just be the casing. The unit fits in one of the compartments under the boot floor, probably requiring a new mounting bracket.
. The function switch fits in the centre console, along-side the handbrake so you would need a new side trim panel and the switch.
. Not all A2's have the instrument panel with DIS so choose your new car carefully
.Assuming everything goes together and is compatible you need to 'programme' the instrument panel to communicate with the sat nav using Vag-Com. (or get your Audi dealer to do it)
. Suggest you start by purchasing a set of workshop manuals and parts CD's from Skipton01 - see selling section in the forum for more details

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike - sounds like a bit more research required. Know anyone who wants a DNS kit for an A4.......?!

Also posted a question about worn climate panel switches but no repsonse so far - any idea who I could talk to about replacement/refurbishment?

Tks

J

Hi jembob

Unfortunately Audi do not list individual parts for the climate control unit so you would have to buy the complete assembly. Have not heard of anyone offering a refurb service either.

Cheers Spike

Everyone - thanks on this. Sounds like a nice little spring project! Frido - I studied engineering + german so no problem translating technical stuff!

Will let you know how I get on once started...

Back