ABS sensor??

EF MAX

Is this an easy part to replace.

Audi Reading have told me that I need to replace my N/S/F and that I need to replace the wiring loom to it as well..

They have quoted me £32 for the sensor and £25 for the loom,, nothing too heavy there.. oops forgot the the stealers costs for fitting.. £285.. all plus VAT

Why does it need replacing???
This has happened to several members on this forum. Fiona springs to mind here.
The 17" wheels rub on the cables on full lock causing the fault. As your car is lowered & has aftermarket alloys it might be difficult to argue the case but it might be worth doing some research.

Hi EF MAX
Was the sensor wiring loom worn ? Fiona had this rub through twice on her Sport and got it fixed FOC (I think) - see thread attached.
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3325
I assume your car is just out of warranty so it may be worth pressing your dealer for a goodwill contribution for both repairs.

Cheers Spike

Thanks for that. In my case I recently had the brake pads replaced and this was done privately.. problem was the person who did it had a bit of a problem getting the plug off the old brake pad sensor and made a bit of a mess getting around the problem,, so I will let Audi off this time as i can not prove otherwise.. that said,, the ABS light and the traction control light was being a bit sensitive before this all happen,, but I shall chalk this one up to experience.

ABS Sensor

had mine replaced at 55,000 - cost was circa £130 including the parts. I took it to a local garage to diagnose and repair. I think it is an easy job to do and involves removal of some interior trim - judging by the telltale odd mark left by the garage.

Beforehand I read up on the likely remedies - i.e brake dust on the wheel sensors which given the fact it was intermittant thought thats what it was. But in the end took it in and now all sorted.

Even at 58k I am still on the original brake pads!

Back