Fog Lights

Linds

Hi,

I don't have the car as yet, but i am due to pick my Audi A2 Friday. I would like to fit foglights as I do a nightmare journey each day on country roads to work and back.

I have been having a trawl around, there are lots of engine mods you can get but there doesn't seem to be many places that do Audi body parts. I found a few breakers yards selling parts but am always a bit dubious of breakers yards.

Do anyone know of a good place to purchase Audi A2 body parts that they can recommend?

Thanks
Linds

Hi Linds
You may already know that members get a better deal from Vagparts with the Club discount card - only a fiver, including the very neat window stickers.

Cheers Spike

Hope you don't use the foglights when it isn't foggy - its illegal and inconsiderate!

Sooner or later it will get you a £60 fine and three points!

ianjohnsonws14 said:
Hope you don't use the foglights when it isn't foggy - its illegal and inconsiderate!

Sooner or later it will get you a £60 fine and three points!
I did once see an S4 pulled over on a very busy M42. I had been watching him for a few minutes while we trundled along, all 3 lanes at 30mph. The only thing he could have been doing wrong was that he had his fogs on in bright weather...

GrayB said:
I did once see an S4 pulled over on a very busy M42. I had been watching him for a few minutes while we trundled along, all 3 lanes at 30mph. The only thing he could have been doing wrong was that he had his fogs on in bright weather...

unless he was a gangster. was the car black with tints? :cool:

Not at all. It's something that really annoys me when people drive round with fog lights on unnecessarily, blinding you.

It's just the country road i travel on each day to Skipton ain't the best. It's fine this time of year but in winter can very very foggy.

L

Glad someone has picked up about when to use fog lights it really does annoy me when I see drivers using them as fashion accessories

it really does annoy me when I see drivers using them as fashion accessories
But it's not cool. It's just tragic. The media doesn't help - look at car launches/TV shows/hot hatch magazines etc - they usually show vehicles with all lights blazing.

Skipton's illuminated LED Audi rings? Now *that's* a fashion accessory. Discrete, and tasteful.

An A2OC Window Sticker Set? That should be a fashion accessory :)

You haven't seen them at night Ben - make your retinas burn they do!

Mind you, so do the Xenons and the new sidelights ;o)

Unfortunately, although my forum name suggests it, I have absolutely no connection with the market town whatsoever.

It's highly unlikely you'll see me around the A59. Mostly I blat around Manchester with the odd jaunt to Leeds now and then.

I was thinking of adding a 'Common Routes' section to the user profile that enables users to list frequently used roads. We could then include a list of Members that you might see in your travels. Technology for the sake of it. ;)

Getting back onto topic - are the lenses for the standard SE spots availiable separately as one of mine's been a stone chip victim....

PaddyS

Paddys - I lost a fog lamp lens through a stone chip - had to replace the whole unit - about £70 I seem to recall.

8Z0 941 699 & 8Z0 941 700 (left and right respectively) are your part numbers - theytare only available as a complete unit.

Sorry!

Back