TTanks New Wheel

Skipton01

Admin Team
Well, although the multifunction side of things has yet to be wired up, Tank now has a shiney new Mk2 TT steering wheel, which I feel suits the interior design down to the ground.

I was planning on putting a new A3 wheel in (3-spoke multifunction), but the way the airbag design mimics the 'single frame grille' which Tank doesn't have (although I have considered it!) just didn't cut it really.

I think you'll agree that this wheel cuts the mustard though.

Cheers,

Mike

new wheel

New wheel looks nice i think the dirty driving glove is a real cool touch. Ps where do you get second hand wheels from none of the local breakers have them near me. I do prefer i think the thicker rim of the new style A4 and A3. Do you know if a new style a4 weel will go straight on my 04 a2?
Thanks Paul:)

Hey Mike,

Just when you think 'TT...Tank' has reached the point of perfection and you couldn't possibly impove him, you have to go and prove us all wrong!!

Nice job; the wheel really looks good and compliments your expensive luxury interior a treat - You must surely be up for the 'most modded A2 in existance award' by now!!;)

Cheers,

Darren

Wiring loom

Nice job with the TT wheel - is the wiring in place for remote stereo controls or do you have to get a custom loom made up???

Really miss steering wheel stereo controls, and if its possible to have these by upgrading to a TT wheel I think it would be worth it.

P

muggles said:
Nice job with the TT wheel - is the wiring in place for remote stereo controls or do you have to get a custom loom made up???

Really miss steering wheel stereo controls, and if its possible to have these by upgrading to a TT wheel I think it would be worth it.

P
You could use the original A2 multi function wheel.

If your A2 didn't originally come with a multifunction steering wheel, then, as long as you have a CAN bus compatible car (2002 onwards), you can retro-fit the controls.

You will need a MFSW controller (obviously) and possibly a new self-cancelling slip ring - I say possibly because Tanks SCSR is actually MFSW compatible, even though it wasn't specced as having the MFSW from new. The only way to tell is to take the steering wheel off and have a look at the part number on the SCSR.

Anyway, you will then need a custom loom to plumb the whole thing together and Bob should then be your proverbial!

Cheers,

Mike

He Mike

Can you still recall which part number you steering wheel was

And

Did you make your own wiring loom, or did you had it made up

Thanks
Chris

Skipton01 said:
The steering wheel is an 8J part - new TT.

The wiring loom was custom made by me.

Cheers,

Mike

Aha you're one of the clever types :D

I like your wheel, but i probably go for the more clasic look with the four spoke one, and i would like to have the heated steering wheel. got very used to that little gadget :D :D (however that one only works in conjuction with heated seats, as the feed comes from the heated seat switch:( which do not have yet

Back