Double Armrest fitted from Sydmeko

Havank

Ok,

I needed some more comfort in the car, and decided on some armrests, seen a lot of armrest fitted but most of them where the single ones, and i wanted the double ones

Benefit of the doubles over the single one is that they are closer to the chair and move with the chair forward and backwards

Fitting is very straight forward, but the first one took longer than the recommended 30 min, but the second took less then that

the most fidely part was getting the back off. Most chairs do not have the luggage net on the back, which makes it easier,

Removing of the luggage net is similar to that without the one (pulling it back), however the luggage net has got one nasty clip on the bottom, which takes a lot of strenght to take off

The applicator is well formed to the frame of the armrest and is fitted with three bolts, two are easy, however the third one is a real pain to get in, especially if you have big hands - impossible

But the fitting is perfect, then the hardest part is to get the foam back over and get the hole in it.

What i dit is pulled it over in its normal possition and used a wooden hammer to tap on the applicator, this gives then a good form what to cut out

Put the foam back in place, and put the upholstery back in place, then its time to cut the hole for the armrest to go through, sounds scarry to put a nice to the leather, but what needs to get done needs to get done

So after 1,5 hours all is done and i have two armrests in the car, and yes the whole feeling is already a lot better.

I will report back when i have been using it for a week.

And here are the pictures

Nice job Havank!!

You are a brave fellow taking a knife to that nice leather of yours; personally I think that would have been enough to have put me off the installation.

The leather colour match seems pretty good from your pictures and the arm rests seem like they are a quality bit of kit.

Not a job I would do myself, but I admire your achievements.

Cheers,

Darren

To be honestm the job is quite easy, and does not require any major skills, othe then the courage to do it:D :D

I bought them directly from Sydmeke in sweden as they have no representative here in the uk

www.sydmeko.se

But you can also buy them from the german Ebay shop (which is a tad cheaper then buying from sweden

But the guy in sweden speaks good english and knows his stuff (Matts Harde)

good luck and let us see your pictures afte installation

PS they do all kinds of upholstery, Most off them do resemble your interior quite well

Havank

Back