Trouble Starting

A2 DRS

Hi guys,

I've noticed that my A2 sometimes takes three attempts to start, always on the third attempt though. It's usually after the car has already been driven and turned off within the last 10 minutes or so.

Ayone got any ideas? I've had a go searching on "starting" and a few others but not found anything similar yet.

thanks

Hi A2 DRS
I can't recall any club members reporting TDi hot starting problems.
Best guess would be a faulty engine sensor, so if you know anyone with VagCom, see if anything shows up on a diagnostic check.

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike. I don't know anyone with Vagcom so I will monitor for now and see how it goes. It's kind of sporadic so its not a major problem at the moment.
Damien

i'd say a sesnsor so your best bet to get it checked out as it will only get worse, and you might find yourself stuck out.
my mothers renault is playing up, not starting etc, its the crank sensor she's changing or tdc sensor.
might be worth looking to see if the audi has one.

I know its taken a while but I've finally tied down what the starting problem is with my car. It looks like its the immobiliser. I've realised that after failing to start the light on the dash shaped like a "car" flashes.

Just by turning the ignition off removing the key and trying again usually solves the problem.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and didn't go too overboard during the New Year festivities. A new job, more studying and the rest of 2008 awaits!:D

Daj

Have just
had my second call out this month to the AA- Audi A2 TDI 1.4 s.e.The little coil on the displayu panel flashes and the engine icon lights up. The helpful patrol man found the engine speed sensor was faulty and got me going. Edinburgh Audi had the car for a day and found nothung wrong . The Noddy car has run prfectly for seven days and this morning after a short run has produced the same symptoms-await the patrol .Year of manufacture 2004 mileage 51000 next service due in 5,300 miles any suggssetions apart from buying a Honda

I know its taken a while but I've finally tied down what the starting problem is with my car. It looks like its the immobiliser. I've realised that after failing to start the light on the dash shaped like a "car" flashes.

Just by turning the ignition off removing the key and trying again usually solves the problem.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and didn't go too overboard during the New Year festivities. A new job, more studying and the rest of 2008 awaits!:D

Hello .. i hope you are still around ...
i have exactly the same problem starting with the immobiliser and removing the key and trying again gets it going .. did you ever manage to resolve your problem . I have been told possible immo reader issue.
Richard

This is the immobiliser symbol:
Mac.
Screenshot_20230623-074536.png

Back