Genuine Audi Armrest

Skipton01

Admin Team
Genuine Audi Armrest Retrofitting

Well, I'm now very close to having a genuine A4 armrest fitted to Tank and could possibly offer a fitting kit for those interested.

I should have photos available later on this week, probably minus the extra trim needed to finish off around the centre tunnel.

The beauty of my method is that it will allow fitting of a current, standard A4 armrest, with no modification to the armrest itself and no cutting of the tunnel - it merely fits into where the coin holder behind the handbrake goes.

I'll get the welding of the new bracket done tomorrow and might have a sneaky peek available by tomorrow night for you.

I know that there has been a lot of interest in armrests, especially as Audi never released an official version. Although there have been various solutions on the market before, none of them have been, to my mind at least, suitable: either they looked cobbled together, of a clumsy design or needing excessive modification to the seats, the central tunnel or both.

This may just be the solution!

Cheers,

Mike

Last edited:
Mike

Trust me,

the Sydemko armrest (single or double) are the way to go, no modification needed what so ever
the fit is perfect, and very very sturdy, I know that oem is better

But not if so much modification is needed that it actually no longe oem stuff, but that is my oppinion

and of course anctious to see the result

Hehe, just looked at the A4 retro fit armrest, cost 195 for leather and the fit looks possible with a bit of work to convert that coin try and mount using the tunnel. But then you never know until you spend the money and try! Mike is ever so good to try things out first so that we don't have to! Can't wait for another skipton special!

Right, I'm going to find one that matches my grey lether!

re armrest.

Hi mike I could be interested in this mod only problem I have is ; my inte'rior is beige! does armrest have options of colour etc? ,dark leather would not be much of a match,thanks Alan. ps, are you doing single rest or is there a twin version? Alan.

Hi Alan,

The armrests come in various colours, as per the interior of A4s, so you should be able to match up your interior perfectly.

Here are the first photos of the armrest in position. I've got a cloth cover on at the moment, but I'll be fitting a black leather cover by the end of the week.

I've chosen not to go for red leather as the exact shade was never available on the A4 and also, I'd prefer to keep it blending into the background, just as a black handbrake grip and black gearstick gaitor help.

Cheers,

Mike

I'd be interested in having one of those Mike. Do they fold away or are they permanently in the "down" position?

What would be the cost ?

Many thanks,

Phil

They fold up and back. The armrest is an A4 armrest, so they're about £150 and the bracket will be about £40.

The bracket is not finalised yet, so I can't offer them for sale to anyone just yet, but I'll keep working on things until I can get them mass produced.

The standard bracket that comes with the kit is as much use as a chocolate tea pot! The one I've fabricated today is made from 4mm steel and so is more than up to the task of holding the armrest in position from just one mounting position - the problem with the A2 is that there isn't a rear bolt mount in a suitable position.

Cheers,

Mike

That looks good, I'm interested too. Thanks for doing all the hard work. I've just had some wheels powder coated black and it was pretty cheap (£25 per wheel), that might be a good way of giving them a factory type finish.

There was a leather one that went tonight. Looked in decent nick, but was a little worn, from MotorsinMotion, a breakers yard, on the outskirts of Sheffield.

I have a grey one with a black fabric cover that I used for the prototyping - if anyone is interested, give me a shout.

It's a full kit, so would be suitable for any A4 from 2001 to present, too.

Cheers,

Mike

lyndonbuck said:
Sorry to bring back an old thread but are the these available to buy yet Mike?
I've not perfected the lower trim yet and I'm still testing out the longevity of the bracket, but I hope to have a solution soon.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike! Any news on the armrest? Apart from an armrest my A2 is perfect so I'm looking forward to your work. Would defenetly buy one if you release them. The after market versions I've seen just doesn't do it for me..

Hope for good news

Best regards

/Erik

Back