Radio reception problem Finally

Marco77

:D well finally sorted the radio reception, Firstly i bought a parts and tech disc
from Flee Bay very good it was too.

For those who didn't know i had problems getting any reception on my Synphony II stereo.

So first thing was check a 12volt feed was coming from the aerial connection on the Stereo which it was. (if you dont get a 12volt feed you can buy an autoleads part which amplifies the signal)

Secondly i removed all panels from the tailgate to check all connections were in place as someone mentioned if it had a rear screen these may have been interupted.

so being at a loose end :confused: i purchased the ETKA and Elsawin discs on ebay did my searching and found out there is a little control module under the boot floor situated near the battery. I did my multimeter tests on here to find out 2 connections had no feeds.:eek:

I removed the unit and found one of the pins in the plug bent and the FM input lead was loose.

Further examination found the solder was broken so i resoldered it put it all back and hey presto excellent reception on all channels.:D

so if anyone has the same problem pm me am sure i'll be able to give some help.

Sorry folks i meant to take pics of the work but the battery was dead in the camera.

Radio reception fix

Hi, I see your post is old but maybe you can help me. I also have poor reception on my A2 car stereo and I am trying to get to (1) removed the panels from the tailgate (now how do I do THAT?!) and (2) get to the fusebox you mention (maybe you have a picture or the car spec?).
Thanks in advance.

Back