Yet another Stealth Racing success story!!

Darren C

Admin Team
Previously having had my TDi75 remapped and being somewhat disappointed with the end result; I decided to bow to the expertise of the Stealth guys, (and girl), just like many other members, to see if things could be rectified.

My initial remap found 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear perform better than standard, but 4th and 5th under heavier loading, seemed only marginally better and was in fairness, poor compared to the other three.

Today in the hands of the ‘magician’ that is ‘Vince’; I have seen a pleasant transformation. Whilst the original remap was ‘generic’ to the A2, at Stealth, Vince was able to tinker with the set-up fully courtesy of the rolling road. The results are evident:-

Initial Remap
BHP :- 101.4 @ 3936 rpm
Torque :- 182.5lbft @ 2391 rpm

Stealth Remap
BHP :- 100.2 @ 3822 rpm
Torque :- 213.4lbft @ 2182 rpm

Although the BHP is comparable with the original remap, the huge gain in torque and overall driveability of the car thanks to the improved power delivery is awesome. The power is delivered smoother and more refined than before and the journey home was a blast to say the least. :D The Stealth crew genuinely do ensure that the paying customer is left happy and to this end Vince spent several hours hunched over the laptop tweaking away.

A big thanks to Vince, (the remap Guru), and crew for confirming my decision not to replace my A2 with a TT was the right one and for making me appreciate this great little car once again.

Special thanks also to Robin, for our chats during those few hours, for the ‘mud flaps’ and for clearing out my sooty engine and testing my brakes!! ;)

Stealth Racing verdict 10/10.

Cheers,

Darren

TT What are you thinking dont do it ...:(
I Reckon with all these remaps going on we should have a seperate club......
How about the
[size=+1]A2 STEALTH CLUB ........[/size]
Do you all get a sticker on the back of your A2 so we can see
if your STEALTH or not ....

I Only wish i could afford to join LOL :)

Glad to hear that you're a) sticking with the A2 and b) finally happy with your remap given the previous poor result

Enjoy :D

wooly A2 said:

Carl, a mere moment of madness - possible sunstroke!! Feeling much better now though!! :p

Ian, in your words mate "enjoy" is exactly what I intend to do!! :D Cheers buddy!!!

I too kept dreaming about going back too a TT :eek: but the lack of rear seat space for our two children and running costs were the main factors for holding off.

And with the A2 at £35 a year to keep on the road, and less money going in the fuel tank as well as more torque than a TT :D kind of sold me on keeping the little beastie!

It looks like i will be keeping the A2 until the A1 is released in just over a years time, which reminds me to visit the local dealer to throw down a deposit on one! Lets hope they decide on a TDI or RS1 version! :D

manhattan$ said:
Some great results there darren!

As wooly and Havank said "welcome to the stealth owners club!"

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! :)

I must confess at just how impressive I have found my torque figure to be; and this achieved with the TDi75 don't forget!! A 3 cylinder engine with those figures is good by any standard and I am well chuffed manhattan$. A drive down to Leicester today and the grin is still etched upon my face!! :D

manhattan$ said:
I too kept dreaming about going back too a TT :eek: but the lack of rear seat space for our two children and running costs were the main factors for holding off.

And with the A2 at £35 a year to keep on the road, and less money going in the fuel tank as well as more torque than a TT :D kind of sold me on keeping the little beastie!

Totally agree with your comments. Although I have been a huge fan of the TT since its launch, the pointers above combined with the craftmanship build and aluminium durability of the A2 would be an irreplaceable loss if sold.

Cheers,

Darren

wooly A2 said:
I Reckon with all these remaps going on we should have a seperate club......
How about the
[size=+1]A2 STEALTH CLUB ........[/size]
Do you all get a sticker on the back of your A2 so we can see
if your STEALTH or not ....

I Only wish i could afford to join LOL :)

We do have stickers for the back of the car or window that say stealth racing or window stickers with www.stealthracing.co.uk.
we had run out but now have some

Cheers

Robin

To echo the rest of the 'stealth'd A2 members' - welcome to the club Chris!!

It is amazing what a difference a successful remap makes to general day to day driving and your summary of 'relaxing' is spot on. There is less tendency to work the gear box with the improved torque and the car is transformed as a result.

Enjoy mate, I have been since last Saturday!! :D

Im joining the Stealth Club afterall just need to book a day in to get it done
The service light came on and i have discovered that Stealth also do servicing
so shes going in for a bit of TLC and may as well get the Remap done
as well , Dont Want To Be The ODD A2 out Now LOL !!!!:)

An excellent decision Carl; one that you certainly wont regret. :D

Just how many stealth'd A2's do we have now on the forum... I feel another thread coming on!! ;)

IM beginning to think we should have had a Rolling Road day after all ,
STEALTH RACING have got A2's queing up at the moment ........

I definatly think we have a fledgeling STEALTH CLUB here and we should start up a new thread .....

Yes, why didnt we think about doing a A2 stealth rolling road day? :confused:

Oh well, maybe a few owners who have not yet joined the stealth "OWNED" club could do a RR day? :)

manhattan$ said:
Yes, why didnt we think about doing a A2 stealth rolling road day? :confused:
We did think about doing one, at the same time as the Air Museum Social last year, but there wasn't THAT much interest then!

Cheers,

Mike

I'm keen to get my A2 on the rollers, so it would be good to get a group of A2's together for a RR day. I'm interested to see how my REVO remap compares to other A2's with various other maps and to standard cars - (I never got mine RR'd before the map).

Now is the wrong time of year though, we should perhaps start to think ahead for Oct/Nov time.. :)

manhattan$ said:
Hi Robin,
Are these free for A2's that have been remapped by stealth ;)

I spoke to vince and if you send a SAE then vince will put a stealth sticker in for all those who have had their cars chiped at stealth they are either black or silver

Cheers
Robin

robin said:
I spoke to vince and if you send a SAE then vince will put a stealth sticker in for all those who have had their cars chiped at stealth they are either black or silver

Cheers
Robin

Top marks to Vince!! :)

SAE en-route!! :D

I Can know finally Report that i am also the happy owner
of a Stealthed A2.Well i can only echo everyones comments
about Stealth Racing but if you are thinking of getting your car
remapped then Stealth gets my vote:

I'm Blown away with the new found driveability of the car:

Stock:

85.8bhp @ 4053rpm
163.1lb/ft @ 2569rpm

Stealthed:

98.7bhp @ 3288rpm
178.6lb/ft @ 2625rpm

I Also had my car Serviced which was long overdue as the service indicator kept flashing at me so i killed two birds at the same time plus an Oil change it felt like a new car driving home ......
To see your A2 on the rolling Road is amazing Vince plugged away at the remap he was not entirely happy with the results of the Torque curve he was getting from my car and he tried for hours until he managed to get an excellent result it was great to see a true professional at work .......

I drove home to Swindon mostly on country lanes it was pouring down
with rain so traffic was moving quite slowly , had to pick of one car
at a time but then i came up against An A8 following a van following
a Nissan Micra which i can only describe as it looked like a support vehicle
for the Tour DE France poodling along at 40 mph and i could not pick them off one at a time .....

I found a suitable spot and blasted past all 3 in one go ,Wow what a difference I also can't believe how muscular the engine feels with smooth delivery right throughout the powerband all the way up to 4000rpm the car Just feels so much safer to drive before i would have been fumbling around with the gears as the power is so short inbetween the gears ... And i would be constantly changing gear so i could build the revs up to overtake .... its just effortless ,know i know the power is Just there wish id done it yonks ago .......:)

So my Thanks go out to
Robin,Vince,John, Girl sorry did'nt find out your name and all the others that make up the Stealth Racing Posse
Cheers People......:)

Last edited:
Back