Electric windows

Scooter

Feeling a bit fed up, the starter on our A2 was noisy so I dropped it out and cleaned and lubed the pinion, that part of the job is fine now. Problem is the remote window closing / opening doesnt work since the battery has been off, any suggestions?

They need re-sync-ing with the car. The procedure on how to do this is in the user manual.

CHeers,

Mike

Thanks for quick response, I have performed the key reset mentioned in the handbook but still no joy. Keys lock the car OK but windows refuse to operate from the key button. Tried manual locking and holding key in lock position as I thought that should close the windows but alas no joy there! Hope I have not killed something!

Thanks for quick response, I have performed the key reset mentioned in the handbook but still no joy. Keys lock the car OK but windows refuse to operate from the key button. Tried manual locking and holding key in lock position as I thought that should close the windows but alas no joy there! Hope I have not killed something!

No - you;re getting confused between a window reset and a key reset.

What you need to do is a window reset.

Putting it simply, put the window down a little using the button, then close the window with the button. When it's closed, release the button and then immediately lift the button again and hold for a few seconds. Release and the control unit is reset.

Do this for all windows.

Cheers,

Mike

Top Man Mike - we have only had the car for about 3 weeks and I was convinced I'd killed the control unit somehow. Did the window reset and Hey Presto all working again. Many thanks for your assistance. TC

Thanks form Me as well Mike. Sorted my window after disconnecting the battery. Top forum.

Mark

Back