Air vent - illumination?

alanm

A2OC Donor
Does anyone know whether the revolving wheel-like controls for the 4 air vents in the dash should be illuminated when you have the side/main lights switched on?

I can't find any reference to whether they do or not in the user's handbook.

Mine don't.

Think someone asked this a while back, I think it was Mike who replyed no there not. Though it would be easier in the dark.
Alan

There is a video on here some where with an A2 with lights in the vent someone did ask about it then but nothing came of it it was on one of the German members who had this feature on there A2

Other Audis in the range have this - strange the A2 does not (unless it was a weight-saving measure?).
Anyone in the UK tried this?

Now i've seen it i may have a go, just waiting for the better weather, got some other LED's to fit so may have a go at these as well

Cheers Phil

I'm going to have a try at this. I'm a very good fitter if I do say so my self (that's my job body fitter) but it's always good to know before you have a go ;) so does anyone no the best way to remove the vents on the dash near the doors? Do they simply pop out???

Would it not be easier to find out which VW/Audi models have the fitted and either swap or alter the parts to fit.

Alan

Would it not be easier to find out which VW/Audi models have the fitted and either swap or alter the parts to fit.
This has been discussed on the German forum, it is not a simple swap, far more complicated than altering the existing ones.
That was the conclusion. Go and invent the wheel if you like, but trust me, it ain't that hard once you know what to do. :D
Cheers, Gumbold

Back