Door hinge cracks

Duncan

After contacting my Audi agent in April last year queering the cracks, I have heard nothing until I asked again during a service enquiry.

East Kent Audi state that Audi have no 'good will' on this matter, no parts are listed, and any repair /rectification would have to be at customers cost.

Has any one - perhaps Skipton01 or Mike Hill - any comments on this

Thanks

Duncan Macintyre
A2 1.4 TDI

Hi mate

If your talking about the aluminium fatigue which causes the cracks around the front door hinges, I had them done at Guilders in Sheffield in september last year.

Mike, skipton pointed it out to me and told me that audi uk issed a bullitin to all dealers to tell them about the problem and how to fix it etc. Basically they have a set of instructions to follow to fix it, and there is now a kit that they have to sort the problem.

It gets done under warranty. I had some trouble getting guilders to do it, but after i mentioned the bullitin update and the fact that they had to repair it under warranty, due to it being a known problem they did it. You dont have to pay anything.

John

East Kent Audi state that Audi have no 'good will' on this matter, no parts are listed, and any repair /rectification would have to be at customers cost.

Thats total rubbish - I have seen the technical bulletin on this from Audi, its an extensive document detailing parts, fitting instructions and how dealers claim on this 'cosmetic' issue as Audi define it.
And you WILL get the job done free of any charge thanks to Mike and the teams hard work. I can only assume that they cant be ***** looking for the information. Press them on it or take it elsewhere.

Thanks for your comments
Have you any references or copies of this bullitin as East Kent Audi are saying that the vehicle is out of warrantee - not surprising as it has been off the market for some 3 years

PM Skipton for this. (Hope thats Ok Mike?):eek:
I dont like the sound of East Kent Audi - are you sure you want to entrust your car to them??

I don;t have the technical bulletin details to hand, but rest assured that although the car is out of the standard warranty, it is well within the 12 year body warranty, which is why the repair is being done free of charge.

If you PM me the details of the Service Manager (name, dealership address and phone number), I will ask my contact at Audi UK to correct this errant dealership.

This matter has been to the very top within Audi UK and I am still saddened that some dealers are unwilling to carry out the goodwill repair, which was hard fought for by the A2OC. These dealers are in danger of bringing Audi to the state that Mercedes was at a few years ago.

Cheers,

Mike

Well still pushing Grimsby Audi over mine, but now the service manager that was dealing with over the past 6months has now left so i have to start all over again

Cheers Phil

Door cracks

To Skipton01

The East Kent Audi Service manager is George Beck
East Kent Audi
Stour Valley Business Park
Ashford Road
Canterbury
01227 73270
Fax 01227 732710

Thanks for you help on this,

Duncan Macintyre

Thanks Duncan.

I have passed these details onto my contact at Audi Uk and will await developments.

If you have the classic metal-fatigue cracks around the top door hinges on the front doors, them rest assured that a free of charge repair will be carried out in time.

Cheers

Mike

Hey Mike will let you know how i get on, 1 week later after finding out that the guy i've been speeking to over this for the last 6 months has left, still NOTHING!!!!. I drop Cheryl of at hospital on monday, so i've got a day off will have to give GY Audi some s**t about this to take my mind of her pending op

Cheers Phil

Yes, let me know how you get on and I'll get them sorted for you if you can't make them see sense.

Cheers,

Mike

I think the frame of mind i'll be in will probably get thrown out lol, i will just point out over 6 months is taking the p*** a bit

Cheers Phil

Hey Mike will let you know how i get on, 1 week later after finding out that the guy i've been speeking to over this for the last 6 months has left, still NOTHING!!!!. I drop Cheryl of at hospital on monday, so i've got a day off will have to give GY Audi some s**t about this to take my mind of her pending op

Cheers Phil

Hope all goes well Phil, best wishes to Cheryl. Bring her to Bonnie Scotland for some R&R after the op and we'll get your hinges done at Ingram's! They said they would be keeping the tech bulletin etc on file. If members want a copy of this I'll ring and ask if they will let me have a copy of the docs.? May assist anyone who is experiencing stone wall with their local dealers, if I can get a hold of them I'll gladly mail to anyone in difficulty with this. Chill Phil and look after your Mrs. :)

They (GY Audi) have got a copy of the bulletin and i had been to a bodyshop for them to look at the car, that was back in september. They had that turned down due to some muppet saying it was not a bodyshop problem and thats as far as it had got, and as i said the guy i was dealing with has left so its all start again.

Thanks Murdo, Cheryl will be in hospital for 3/5 days so its back to work Tuesday and then 2 weeks off when she comes home, i'll have to do everything as she can't lift anything for month or so (stomach op), so the tv will be left on the comedy channel and the remote hid LOL (just kidding)

Cheers Phil

Driver cracks

Hi Guys,

First time i have posted here, my driver door crack like hell. Everyone stares at me when I'm in Tesco's car park makes a loud noise. what do i need to tell the Audi dealership to get this fixed for free?

I love my car...i just want to see it in good health.

Also does anyone know any good Audi mechanics to do a service as i dont trust the dealers.

Thanks for reading this.
:)

The cracking noise is not covered by the free repair I have negotiated with Audi UK - this is the rollers on the check strap assembly that are failing.

The cracking that is covered is the physical failure of the metal of the door pressing, directly above the front door hinges.

If you place yourself on the map, or tell us where you are, then we can recommend some good places to keep your A2 in tip top condition - for example, I am gaining an embarrasingly good reputation for servicing in the Manchester area.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Im in Northwest London, My audi dealer that i bought the car from is Finchley Road Audi.l But i dont trust the service department there ( there seems to be lots of young trainee type engineers there)

I want to get the door crackling fixed and have a good service.

Regards
B

If you are hand with some bits on the car it can be done for the novice under an hr. The parts are about £15, three screws from the door card and then its just 2 nuts and a pin on the A post behind the rubber boot, you will find results for this if you do a search on the home page

Cheers Phil

Hi Phill,

Cheers for the post. i love my car but i dont get the time for hand on. so rather drop for someone else to sort. any idea of a good place in london?

Hi Phill,

Cheers for the post. i love my car but i dont get the time for hand on. so rather drop for someone else to sort. any idea of a good place in london?

I'm from a bit north of the big smoke so unable help but if you drop Sarge 786 or Dan B a Pm or anyone listed as London they will have more of an idea, (sorry they was the first names that came to mind )

Cheers Phil

Back