rns-d reset

stuart

hello again nearly finished my install just need to know is it possible to do a hard reset on the rns-d :confused:

Not entirely sure, but I belive that holding the power button down for about 40 seconds does the trick, and you can also do it via VCDS.

Cheers

Mike

This has been quite a fit Stuart. KSimpson did recommend you bought a tomtom! Have you taken photos to document your good work? I wouldnt mind seeing that - you clearly like a challenge! :D

hello again nearly finished my install just need to know is it possible to do a hard reset on the rns-d :confused:

Hi Stuart

I changed from a Symphony 1 radio unit to RNS-D and although there are some things you can do with the controls i'm sure you need Vag Com to code the unit to your car. The excellent NavPlus web site where I got all my info from has disappeared but I have attached a copy of the instructions.

There is also some stuff on the AudiSport.net web site - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=26678

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
rns-d fitting

you guys are not wrong the fitting of the unit was easy enough i had custom inserts made to hold the nav in which work great the sat nav all works but the bits im having trouble with are doin my head in firstly the front speakers are not on but when i go to the settings for volume and press the telephone setting the speakers come on for a minute then go off also i have an sony cd changer which works fine with the concert but with the nav nothing if i take the power to the changer and disconnect it then reconnect its fine till i turn off the ignition then its not on again, its drivin me insane:eek:

Ref the attached file I posted last time, what coding did you use with VagCom to 'switch on' the cd changer and different speaker arrangements etc

Cheers Spike

hi spike i did not do anything with vag com yet as i need someone near where i live to do it but when i first plugged this unit in the front speakers were on, im just wondering if i have pressed something on the settings while fitting in because the sat nav voice came on out of the fronts but ive looked in the manual but cant find anything in the settings, thats why i wanted to do a hard reset thinking it may go back to how it was, what exactly do i need to do the vag com and how do you go about it .:confused:

hi everyone you wont believe this but my front speakers came on this morning yippee:) just the cd changer to do now and this project is done cheers for everyones help i really do enjoy this site its a godsend when i get a min i will sort out some pics i took while in the process of doing the swap not a job i would do again though ha ha :rolleyes:

Back