Cambelt Service Prices (Kent/SE)

Modecorp

A2OC Donor
My A2 is on 117k miles and last had a cambelt done in 2017 when it was on 97k miles, so time for a refresh. Thought it may be good if I posted prices from places I got quotes from in case its of any use to anybody in the South East,
  • 4Rings (Dartford, Kent): £600 (genuine Audi parts)
  • Kent Automotive (Maidstone, Kent): £475
  • B&F Autos (West Hounslow): £480.72
  • Saunders Abbot (Sidcup, Kent): £498
  • Quattro Tech (St Ives, Cambs): £555
  • VGS UK (Kenton, Kent): £648
  • Bromley Car Repairs (Bromley): £587
  • Youngs Garage (Wrotham, Kent): £661.62 (genuine Audi parts)
I’m booked in with Kent Automotive, as they aren't too far from me and seem to have a good rep when looking at reviews and across other VAG forums, so getting the cambelt service done next week. Shout out to B&F Autos who were also recommended on here, but they are just too far from me on the other side of London (Which psychologically always feels twice as far too).

My A2 is on 117k miles and last had a cambelt done in 2017 when it was on 97k miles, so time for a refresh. Thought it may be good if I posted prices from places I got quotes from in case its of any use to anybody in the South East,
I’m booked in with Kent Automotive, as they aren't too far from me and seem to have a good rep when looking at reviews and across other VAG forums, so getting the cambelt service done next week. Shout out to B&F Autos who were also recommended on here, but they are just too far from me on the other side of London (Which psychologically always feels twice as far too).
That's so useful for you to do that. I see now that the price quoted by Quattro Tech Cambridge isn't too far off the mark.

That's so useful for you to do that. I see now that the price quoted by Quattro Tech Cambridge isn't too far off the mark.
They were another on my shortlist, but slightly too far from me (I tried to cover an hour or so travel each direction from me in Blackheath)

I went with the cheap option too last years, even gave the G13 coolant, took bottom tray off, left some instructions, and they still broke 2 of my alloy caps, also they forgot to align the bottom pulley, and it was vibrating badly for 6 months! The side of the new belt lost markings too.
I'd noticed it 2 days before I was supposed to drive like 6 hours, and found the cause thanks to the forum! I had to push them to take the car in short notice, and I got it back few hours before I had to leave. Plus they didn't even change the aux belt, just aligned the pulley.
So go with whichever you fancy, but do check their work afterwards. From the cover of the timing belt to the bottom tray fitting.

I went with the cheap option too last years, even gave the G13 coolant, took bottom tray off, left some instructions, and they still broke 2 of my alloy caps, also they forgot to align the bottom pulley, and it was vibrating badly for 6 months! The side of the new belt lost markings too.
I'd noticed it 2 days before I was supposed to drive like 6 hours, and found the cause thanks to the forum! I had to push them to take the car in short notice, and I got it back few hours before I had to leave. Plus they didn't even change the aux belt, just aligned the pulley.
So go with whichever you fancy, but do check their work afterwards. From the cover of the timing belt to the bottom tray fitting.
Sorry to hear you experienced issues. Who was it you used?

My choice was based on a few things: not just price. I also looked at proximity, knowledge of VAG, reviews and quality of work.

At the end of the day it’s a pretty standard car and cambelt service, so with the above taken into consideration I’m hoping I’ll be fine.

Sorry to hear you experienced issues. Who was it you used?

My choice was based on a few things: not just price. I also looked at proximity, knowledge of VAG, reviews and quality of work.

At the end of the day it’s a pretty standard car and cambelt service, so with the above taken into consideration I’m hoping I’ll be fine.
Cheers, it's in Bournemouth a private one, they usually okay for MOT, annoying thing most garages I've tried, messed up something too, like last place broke 2 alloy caps, even I told them they only pop back when the extractor hole lined up with the air valve, and even scuffed the paint off my alloys, and they said it's fine as it's old anyway :mad:
Now when I get my A2 back after any work, also take caps off before, right there I check the side plastic seals for damage, the alloys, body work, then back home take the hood off and check the work they done.
Hopefully yours will be good, but double checking bits recommended.

@Modecorp, I'm in the same situation my (new to me) A2 has 105k and last cambelt change was 2018. So your hard work has been really useful and saved me most of the leg work. I'm in Upminster so just over the water, but north Kent is actually quicker for me to get to. So out of convenience I will probably go with 4Rings.

Thanks again.

@Newms , really glad to have helped out. 4Rings has a great reputation, so would be good to hear back when you’ve had the work done on yours 👍🏼

Back