A sad ending to the A2

chubuking

After many years with the A2, today was the day to say goodbye. It was the first car I learnt to drive in and after 5 years of usage, regrettably it was time to let it go.

I have to say I'm quite gutted how this has ended but felt as if I didnt really have any other option due to rising costs of repairing and maintenance of the car. The wishbone snapping was the big turning point of all this, and unfortunately it is just so difficult to predict how much life is left in the components of the car before they started to go too.

This forum has been a great help for information, and I would like to give thanks for all the advice given by the members on here.

I hope you guys continue to enjoy many more years with this car without the issues I had!

Sad day as you say--front arm corrosion is becoming a must check area and im surprised that mot testers haven't flagged up advisories. Good luck in your new car -may i ask what you have replaced it with ? cheers mike

A2's a truly becoming classic cars, in good and bad, and as such they might imply a financial commitment to keep them on the road in top shape, replacing and refurbishing all the components that inevitably become obsolete or worn.
I am always amazed to read stories on this forum of people departing from their A2 just to come back at some point. I often considered myself buying a younger car but I can't just find a worthy candidate that check all boxes...

Last edited:
Sad day as you say--front arm corrosion is becoming a must check area and im surprised that mot testers haven't flagged up advisories. Good luck in your new car -may i ask what you have replaced it with ? cheers mike

I've switched over to a lovely Q2 now! A much smoother ride! It doesn't have the same quirkiness, but it's dead easy to drive around.

Back