Audi A1 sportback vcds help needed

audifan

A2OC Donor
Can anyone please help me with a problem on partners A1 1.6 tdi sportback. It is a 2013 model that does not have sat nav. The problem is she put a music cd in the stereo but is unable to eject the disc. Everything else works just fine it is as if the eject button is not working. Have checked through all the adjustments that can be done on the car through the mmi but nothing for disc eject. Have been told that Germany locks all stereos when they leave and the supplying dealer unlocks on pdi unless hire car etc. She only recently purchased the car from a non franchised dealer and it was previously a Lex Lease car. We are in South Wales.
Thanks.

Can anyone please help me with a problem on partners A1 1.6 tdi sportback. It is a 2013 model that does not have sat nav. The problem is she put a music cd in the stereo but is unable to eject the disc. Everything else works just fine it is as if the eject button is not working. Have checked through all the adjustments that can be done on the car through the mmi but nothing for disc eject. Have been told that Germany locks all stereos when they leave and the supplying dealer unlocks on pdi unless hire car etc. She only recently purchased the car from a non franchised dealer and it was previously a Lex Lease car. We are in South Wales.
Thanks.
Hi,
Was it a prerecorded cd or a burned one as this can cause this as the unit doesn’t recognise it.

Keith.

Hi kp115, not sure, disc is playing great.....even i have listened to it several times. What difference does the burnt disc make? i have checked some writable cds and original music discs and their dimensions are identical. Still feel the button is somehow disabled as there is no attempt to eject from the player.. nothing changes on the screen and no mechanical noise other than the disc still spinning.

so you can deactivate the CD eject button !!!
Got to ask, what is the point in that, and when deactivated how are you to get the CD out

It's probably a throwback to when the nav used a DVD and this allowed the manufacturer or subsequent hire company to prevent its removal.
I agree it's a bit pointless now.

Steve
Yes,

The satnav discs are hugely expensive and renting a new car and removing the disc (or replacing it with an older version would cover the cost of one day's rental and then some!)

Steve B

Thanks Catnip64. So if I use vcds
[CD Eject Button Activation]
Select STG 5F (Informationselektronik)
STG adjustment -> function 10
Select channel 10
1 -Eject Lock Active
0 - Eject Lock De-Active
only thing not sure about is "STG"
Does this work OK?

STG 5F is controller 5F, it's probably some abbreviation in German.
I haven't tried it myself but assume it does work.

Steve

Hopefully get a chance this weekend to try vcds. got problems with my a2 at the moment aswell. Thermostat gone and not tightened the bottom bolt of the thermostat housing enough all water gone! Very difficult to get at the bottom bolt don't want to take off alternator but may have too.....

Hopefully get a chance this weekend to try vcds. got problems with my a2 at the moment aswell. Thermostat gone and not tightened the bottom bolt of the thermostat housing enough all water gone! Very difficult to get at the bottom bolt don't want to take off alternator but may have too.....

If you search on here there are guides about the various tools people have used to tighten that nut. There's a small hex socket in the centre too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went to my friends today to vcds the a1 stereo, unfortunately he had been broken into and most of his tools stolen... Anybody with current vcds in the Pontypridd area south wales that can help me?

At Last. A1 taken to Euro Performance in Llantrisant for the stereo problem. Was quickly connected to their diagnostic computer and... yep the eject switch had been disabled. A couple of clicks later and a scan to confirm ,now working and the disc is now ejecting every time . Music to my ears just not the same cd over and over. I can thoroughly recommend Euro Performance for all VAG group vehicles.

Back