Bose retrofit help

stevec

Wales
HI All
I Have a donor Audi A2 1.6 that has Bose fitted on a 52 plate, My car is an 03 plate tdi. Been waiting for some nice weather to pull both cars apart to retro fit bose to the tdi. On the bose car Looking at the cable colours and numbers they don't tally up with what i have in my harness. I expected differences from the head unit to the amplifier but not in the main harness feeding the stereo. There seems to be an extra Black/blue stripe cable going directly to the bose amplifier that i do not have in my harness. Does anyone have a bose amplifier connection diagram? In particular for the connector that plugs into the amp. And do i need to add another cable to bring on the bose logo on the stereo?
Thanks All
Steve

DSC_0100.JPG

Hi,

The black wire with blue stripe is the BOSE amplifier's connection to fuse 38 (10A) in the main fuse panel. The Blaupunkt amplifier doesn't have this.

Also to note that as with the standard amplifier, the BOSE amplifier has a connection to fuse 2 (20A). Although both amplifiers use a red wire with a white stripe for this, the BOSE wire is much thicker to cope with the additional power. You should not attach the BOSE amplifier to the existing amp's red/white wire but run the thicker wire from the BOSE loom directly back to the wiring junction. This will ensure you don't end up overloading the old amp's power supply wire and potentially causing a fire.

regards

Andrew

Last edited:
Thanks Andrew
So to confirm i need to run 3 new cables back to the fusebox.
Red/white(20A thicker) to fuse 2.
Black/blue 10A to fuse 38
And another cable to bring on the bose logo(where is this terminated)??
Steve
P.S
Do you have a wiring diagram?

Thanks Andrew
So to confirm i need to run 3 new cables back to the fusebox.
Red/white(20A thicker) to fuse 2.
Black/blue 10A to fuse 38
And another cable to bring on the bose logo(where is this terminated)??
Steve
P.S
Do you have a wiring diagram?

Hi,

enabling the "BOSE Mode" on the head unit requires Pin 1 (AKA the BOSE Pin) of the 8 pin black connector to be connected to ground. Its a simple as that and its normally looped round to another ground such as Pin 8 (brown) in the same connector. Note however that this only applies to the "generation 2" head units, the ones with two knobs. The "generation 1" head units with the single central knob use this pin for the GALA speed signal from the instruments so it should not be connected to ground! Your 03 car should have the later head unit.

regards

Andrew

Back