Polishing a Colour Storm

Misano Man

Two questions for you guys.

1 - are the black arches, sill covers and side strips painted, and able to be polished in the same way as the rest of the paint? If not, what’s the best way to clean and protect them?

2 - the roof has satin finish. What’s the best way to clean and protect it?

I’ve used a number of different waxes on my Storm but the one I find the best is a pure Carnuba wax in a tin and applied by a damp sponge, it has no cutting compound as such and is mearly a top up but being pure carnuda it leaves no white chalky residue anywhere, especially if you’re a bit clumsy getting it on rubber trims. I apply it to glass (not windscreen) too!
These bits on the colourstorm are painted satin black, yes, correct, so treat it in the same way as any other paint, I’ll try and find a link for the wax I use and post it up guys!
This little fellow liked it last summer!
Cheers Jeff

Attachments

• D1338496-1D2F-497D-BB50-3567B8110397.jpeg
    D1338496-1D2F-497D-BB50-3567B8110397.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 360
  • FE97E958-7EF7-469B-B793-FDEE870DFA80.jpeg
    FE97E958-7EF7-469B-B793-FDEE870DFA80.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 352
I’ve used a number of different waxes on my Storm but the one I find the best is a pure Carnuba wax in a tin and applied by a damp sponge, it has no cutting compound as such and is mearly a top up but being pure carnuda it leaves no white chalky residue anywhere, especially if you’re a bit clumsy getting it on rubber trims. I apply it to glass (not windscreen) too!
These bits on the colourstorm are painted satin black, yes, correct, so treat it in the same way as any other paint, I’ll try and find a link for the wax I use and post it up guys!
This little fellow liked it last summer!
Cheers Jeff

Thats a "sheild bug".........

Back