Today I.....

Sun is shining so I gave my TDI a lovely clean inside and out this morning before heading to the shops where disaster struck. When I returned to the car I noticed that my rear passenger light cluster had been smash and the car scraped by a black car! Gutted. No note or anything left.

Most of the damage has polished out luckily....looks like the light bought the worst of the collision. Will place an add in the 'wanted' section but keen to hear from anyone who has a rear passenger light cluster in A1 condition for my A2. Thanks. Paul
I think A2Steve has one from memory. This is the thing about the A2, everyone just assumes they are bangers due to the age and don't realise people actually care about them.

Thanks Kleynie, have dropped A2Steve a message. Car was looking the best it ever has in my ownership this morning having sorted out a few long standing bits and bobs...gutted.

I think A2Steve has one from memory. This is the thing about the A2, everyone just assumes they are bangers due to the age and don't realise people actually care about them.
Sun is shining so I gave my TDI a lovely clean inside and out this morning before heading to the shops where disaster struck. When I returned to the car I noticed that my rear passenger light cluster had been smash and the car scraped by a black car! Gutted. No note or anything left.

Most of the damage has polished out luckily....looks like the light bought the worst of the collision. Will place an add in the 'wanted' section but keen to hear from anyone who has a rear passenger light cluster in A1 condition for my A2. Thanks. Paul
Gutted for you mate,
Hope you get your replacement, any cctv around? Although I’m guessing you’ve checked already!
Cheers Jeff

...Today I have... filled my eyes with rust... due to that I have cutted the exhaust from my commuter A2 AMF and repaired my almost wife's new A2 -05 BHC exhaust that had a leak in the flex. So I cutted 50mm / 2" after the cat and switched. That resulted in 3 times on or off with the 4x nuts for the turbo/downpipe flange... how do you get access to these nuts ?? Two of them are ok to reach from below. Tthe two closest the engine block is a struggle... I tried to take off left front wheel but the gear shift cable bracket did block that path as it looked to me... How do the pro's do this ??

Since the commuter A2 soon will have a new SS exhaust tailor made from 2,5" and 2 3/8" (60/63mm) parts I took the opportunity to use up the original exhaust/cat witch have served the car for 16 years but still have some years left :) 418 000km was not end of life :)
I am amazed by the life length of the diesel exhaust :)

Took the post cat lambda sensor out and dipped it in the ultrasonic cleaner just to see what happens. Came out as looking new, blowed some air into it and plugged it back in. The CEL has turned off after a while which is a bonus!!! I can only presume that it is now DTC-free!!!?? On the other hand, I have confirmed a leaky expansion tank with a hairline crack which I plugged with some epoxy until further notice.

Not quite today but yesterday---i fitted a replacement boot latch solenoid along with black carpeted tailgate piece (was platinum) to yvonne's white TDI sport. oh and new brake light as we were getting an intermittent bulb out warning.

Yesterday I changed my wiper blade and arm for one salvaged from a scrap yard. Not the easiest job to remove the original arm but with a few ‘pursuasive’ swipes it gave in and the new, larger aero wiper is a massive improvement.

I also changed the thermostat due to the car never warming up properly. I hadn’t realised just how much a pig of a job it was to remove the lower bolt on the housing! A seemingly 5 minute job turned into a 90 minute swear fest, but it’s all back together minus about 2 litres of coolant.

TODAY I....... will be seeing if it has all been worthwhile! If it’s still not getting to temperature, expect more swearing. And coolant purchases!

Dropped Boxy off for her new injectors decarb of the inlet manifold,EGR,throttle body, death pipe, knock sensor.. some of this doesn’t need doing but whilst your in there you might as well swap the lot.. plus an MOT..

looking forward to getting her back running 100% ?..

Fitted my new to me alloys. Down from 18s to 16s for better acceleration and un-sprung weight. Coilovers are definitely next though.

rps20180418_190003.jpg

Now which draw did you put the spanner in?
I’ve got the same set up it was fun watching the three removal men push it up the ramp onto the truck when we moved 2 years ago.
Enjoy
Keith.

Yeah, moving it when it was empty was reasonable, but now it's full of tools has probably doubled the weight ... Also, one of the brake clips broke within 10 minutes of putting it in the garage, so only one wheel is broke, the other is braked - good job the garage is not on a slope.

Yeah, moving it when it was empty was reasonable, but now it's full of tools has probably doubled the weight ... Also, one of the brake clips broke within 10 minutes of putting it in the garage, so only one wheel is broke, the other is braked - good job the garage is not on a slope.
Mine was jammed by the packing film & needed to be jacked up to allow a wheel
To be removed to clear from right inside

....decided I must have the dirtiest A2 in the UK. Poor little thing hasn't had a wash for 12 weeks, lives by the side of the A3220 7 days a week and gets covered in spray from passing vehicles when the weather is wet.
I still don't have the energy to wash it myself, and the hand car washes round here are outside my limited budget whilst on sick pay.
The car is SO dirty I'm too ashamed to post a photo.
Hopefully I'll get some strength back soon and be able to raise my standards.

....decided I must have the dirtiest A2 in the UK. Poor little thing hasn't had a wash for 12 weeks, lives by the side of the A3220 7 days a week and gets covered in spray from passing vehicles when the weather is wet.
I still don't have the energy to wash it myself, and the hand car washes round here are outside my limited budget whilst on sick pay.

Funnily enough Dad's is off the road at the moment, but his excuse is a) he NEVER washes cars and b) it won't start and has been sat on a dusty shared drive for 3 weeks and all the neighbours cars spray it. It's only dirty one side though, the other is nice and clean ...

Hi Ian, I hope you are still on the mend mate, leave the A2 dirty until you are feeling better
Cheers,

been a busy day
started at 9am my remapping Noah's TDI90 and had the usual A2 chat, then installed the wiring for my heated seats and the switch.
Finished off the install of my new Pioneer carplay head unit, and got the heating pads fitted to one of the sports seats, then got rained off :(
So hopefully the weather plays nicely tomorrow and lets me get the other seat stripped down and heater pads fitted then I can bolt the A2 back together. Got to say those hog rings on the seats are a real bitch to get back in place with the added heater pads in place, one seat down one to go :)

Mine looks dolphin grey on one side and lichtsilber on the other. Do you want to compare dirtiness? And I've got no good excuse...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

been a busy day
started at 9am my remapping Noah's TDI90 and had the usual A2 chat, then installed the wiring for my heated seats and the switch.
Finished off the install of my new Pioneer carplay head unit, and got the heating pads fitted to one of the sports seats, then got rained off :(
So hopefully the weather plays nicely tomorrow and lets me get the other seat stripped down and heater pads fitted then I can bolt the A2 back together. Got to say those hog rings on the seats are a real bitch to get back in place with the added heater pads in place, one seat down one to go :)

I've got some hog-ring pliers that grip the ring in the jaw so you can place it then tighten it. Maybe a bit late but I can probably find them if that'd help?

how do the heated seat switches look? Better than mine I'd guess from the sweet set up you made for Scott.

been a busy day

I've got some hog-ring pliers that grip the ring in the jaw so you can place it then tighten it. Maybe a bit late but I can probably find them if that'd help?

how do the heated seat switches look? Better than mine I'd guess from the sweet set up you made for Scott.

Drivers seat was done today with a little less cursing than the passenger seat
I am really rather pleased with how the switch came out it came with the seat heating pads but was a little too wide at the fascia do this was trimmed to suit and a mount 3D printed. It all fits in the blank hole to the Rear of the ASR switch with a couple of small in fill fascia pieces
The switch lights up red when seats are on but was lite blue with the lights on, this was changed to red by removing the blue leds and replacing with red leds
All In all it looks OEM
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back