Xcarlink static type noise

Lachlan66

A2OC Donor
Another quicky I hope. After searching the ice threads and not seeing a similar issue ( well after a few pages and a search ) I have a problem.

After installing the xcarlink with iPhone cable I now have an interference noise when playing music from my iPhone.

I've basically got the carlink gubbins behind the head unit and climate with the cable Appearing above the ashtray.

So my questions are; what's the probable cause and solution for this issue ?

Make sure you are using the ground cables without these going to ground you will get static

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup sounds like you have a ground loop. If you have tried everything and cant find a way to clear it then you can try a ground loop isolator like this one

Ground loop isolator

It will slightly degrade the quality so only use if you cant find where your earthing issue is.

So - AUX in is an analogue connection so a digital cable aint going to work.

A ground loop is where an audio connection isnt grounded leading to all sorts of interesting noises being fed into the sound you are hearing. e.g. engine noises or strange high pitch squeeling from the A2's electrical system.

The connector you are using may be introducing this - do you have another cable you can use?

So - AUX in is an analogue connection so a digital cable aint going to work.

A ground loop is where an audio connection isnt grounded leading to all sorts of interesting noises being fed into the sound you are hearing. e.g. engine noises or strange high pitch squeeling from the A2's electrical system.

The connector you are using may be introducing this - do you have another cable you can use?

The xcarlink I have has a digital connection, I'm not using the aux port just the digital socket.

I'll reinstall everything tomorrow, make sure it's all earthed and see how I get on.

thanks for the advice thus far ?

Back