rate your dealer

Amersham Audi
-10 (minus 10)

A botched claim for the sunroof that has left me without a repair despite full service history and taking the cars details to them within 100,000 miles and 10 years of date of manufacture.

Don't get me started on this..... I then took it to Worthing Audi and was 3 days too late and it goes on the date of manufacture, not date of delivery.

Amersham also returned the car with an advisory after a full (£280) service:
'air filter due for renewal'

Wtf? An Audi dealer

Very poor
They now are very unhelpful on this

Any solicitors here?
Small claims court???

A very unhappy J

Posted from my iPlop...

Manchester Audi.
They do call back actually.

However thay don't appear to be too intrested in the A2 perhaps it is not glam enough.

Not sure about the service dept though, after replacing the wiper last month,(with a genuine Audi part btw) I was a bit surprised to be rung up by the nice service receptionist to be told that the "technician" said the wiper needed changing, mmmmmm.
Anyway got a stamp in the book for the service.
Parts dept seems quite nice.

Manchester Audi.
They do call back actually.

However thay don't appear to be too intrested in the A2 perhaps it is not glam enough.

Not sure about the service dept though, after replacing the wiper last month,(with a genuine Audi part btw) I was a bit surprised to be rung up by the nice service receptionist to be told that the "technician" said the wiper needed changing, mmmmmm.
Anyway got a stamp in the book for the service.
Parts dept seems quite nice.

Parts department at Aberdeen Audi are excellent. Nothing is ever in stock, but is usually available next day.

Regards A2 not being glam enough... think you hit the nail on the head. Personally their arrogant attitude (service reception and sales staff in general) is what takes the shine of the brand.

Ayr Audi

Use my local franchise for parts, accessories and service warranty work on the 'other' car and they are very professional.

Other than the insistence to refer to the customer as 'sir' which I'm sure is drummed into staff at training to make the suits feel important - I have no problems with them at all.

Very courteous and helpful, parts next day and a good discount applied without having to ask; maybe based on loyalty?

The lad at service has a good knack of remembering customers too, but maybe with a name like Murdo that's a bit easier for him anyway! :)

Thought i would add to this list:
Five Oaks Audi
Good if you want to buy a car, but service and diagnostics is poor and expensive.
Two bad experiences with them, will never go back.
One - The A6 (our other car) had a problem with the boot, it would open no problem, but when you shut it, it would bounce up and not latch. Took the car in and they said it was the battery?? Didn't believe them, told them it was more mechanical, but they assured me it was the battery. I protested, but they said thats all they would do, and charge £180 for the battery and £45 to fit! So i called Audi head office, they were much better, listened, and although agreeing that it was probably mechanical said they have to go with what the dealer says. However they did get in touch with the dealer and told them to fit for free and do the battery at £110 as that's the right price. Went to pick the car up that night, and as no one was about i collected the keys and drive off. Next day, opened the boot and guess what, it bounced open again. Took the car back, showed the dealer and insisted it was mechanical, finally a tech from the garage came out and looked, and agreed. So they took the car back and a day later fitted a new latch, they wanted to charge me £130 for it, but i refused point blank saying they fitted a battery i didn't want or need!
Two - While the wife was driving the A6 again, the oil pressure light came up, pulled over and called the AA, they towed it back to Five Oaks as its our local dealer, advised not to start the car and call Audi in the morning. Called five oaks, told them what had happened and they said the same, don't start the engine as no oil pressure is bad news, told them the car was already there and can they take a look. Got a call back that day asking for £3,500 worth of work, apparently the balance unit had broken, causing no oil pressure and the turbo was whining. When asked how they got the car from the back to the front they said they drove it, when asked how they knew the turbo was whining they said they had rev'd it and could hear it. So i questioned them, why did they start a car they knew had low or no oil pressure, and why on earth did they rev the thing to hear the turbo...didn't get an answer, so at present a strongly worded letter is in the post to head office asking for an explanation. Took the car to my local indy who charge £1600 for a new turbo, balance unit and service!
All in all, not a great dealer in my eyes.

FINCHLEY ROAD AUDI

I've just been down to my local dealer Finchley Road Audi for the second time this week, my first visit was on Wednesday to order the underfloor toolkit housing and some other bits which they said would take about a week to arrive as some of the parts would have to come from Germany. The chap was quite friendly and was curious how I had all the part numbers for the stuff I wanted. So! I explained that I was a member of the A2OC and that it was a great site!!

Today I called about the Audi A2 Petrol Service Kit and initially was quoted in the region of £74.00 including VAT. The parts guy asked if I would also need some oil to go with the rest of the stuff. So! I asked him how much it would be, then to my surprise he flat asked "if I was shopping around for the best price so that we don't mess each other around". Of course I was looking for the best price, so then our parts guy said the magic words "let's see what we can do for you then". Long story short he gave me 20% off everything with 5ltrs of oil (not 4ltrs like at europarts) for £39.00 which I felt was quite a competitive price, and a far cry from the £48.00 originally quoted.

Audi A2 Petrol Service Kit

Sump Plug
Oil Filter
Air Filter
Pollen Filter
Spark Plugs x4

He said that the managers reasoning was that it was better to do the business than have everybody hanging up on them :). When I went to pick up the bits they were once again very friendly and even served me before the driver of the R8 spyder who arrived at exactly the same time as me (luck). So far two good experiences and the suited parts chap said to make sure I put it on the forum, So here it is.

Not letting them touch my car though, that honour goes to Sarge786.

EDINBURGH AUDI (difficult to bring myself to type their name)
-10/10

- Once dropped by to pick up a brochure for an A4 for my dad when I was in my 20s. I drove up in my own Audi 80. Salesman wouldn't give me a brochure stating, "Why don't you come back when you've got your Dad with you son!". I said that'll be right, I'd recommend he goes anywhere else but here.

- Parts department absolutely shocking. I once deliberately ordered a LHD part only for a RHD part to arrive. I had handed a post-it note to the imbecile with the exact part number at the time of ordering and I produced the same post-it when I protested that the wrong part had been ordered. I was told that I specifically asked for a RHD part and, "I'm not going to accuse you of lying sir but you are wrong". After much discussion he eventually agreed "just this once" to return it for the part I ordered. I've never come so close to common assault in my life. Their general attitude is extremely unhelpful.

- Went in for a "free" MOT. Failed on the handbrake cable being corroded and the headlamp being insecure. Neither was an unfair fail since the upper headlamp mount was snapped and the handbrake cable corrosion was an advisory at the year before's MOT. HOWEVER.... they refused to use the £10 Audi repair kit on the headlamp insisting that I must buy a new one for over £200 and they claimed that although only one side's handbrake cable was corroded it was a single piece and only available in a kit with read shoes and drums! Wanted £660 to rectify! I requested the car back and did not authorise any work but they had started anyway. I insisted the car be returned to me but they would not release it until I paid an hours labour for the work I DID NOT AUTHORISE THEM TO DO and, since they couldn't be bothered reconnecting the handbrake, I had to sign a disclaimer to say the car was not safe to drive and they would not be held responsible for any accident as a result of a partly reassembled brake system! It was almost like they had done it out of spite for me not accepting being ripped off by them. I took the car straight to my trusted independent (Car Craft Scotland in Loanhead) who used the repair kit and replaced the single part of the handbrake cable and did the MOT re-test. IIRC the bill was about £160 in total.

I wouldn't trust them with my worst enemies car. On the plus side the receptionists were pleasant, that prevents me awarding minus infinity out of ten.

The only time I did darken their doors after that was I developed a habit or ordering parts worth around 70 pence such as the wire hub cap puller and taking the entire family along for their remarkably pretentious sofa, coffee and biscotti experience for all when both ordering and, a few days later, collecting the part. Between 4 and 8 cups of tea and coffee for 70p! Now that was a bargain.

Audi Blackburn. Really impressed with the service and also the price. Had a text from them before my service saying 10% off any work recommend on their health check. Always a winner. They seemed really interested in the car ( maybe it was the most glam car in that day). Delivered it to my home some 15 miles away when done too.
I do think some dealers see the A2 as a problem and just treat you as a number. Blackburn treated me as a loyal customer but I do wish they'd stop offering coffee every 5 mins

Another satisfied customer of Blackburn Audi here. The audio code for my A2 wasn't handed over when I bought the car last year so, after having my local independent garage change the alternator recently, causing the radio/cassette player to go into 'safe' mode, I was anticipating a fairly hefty charge from Blackburn Audi after taking the car there to have the code 'found'. To my absolute delight, after 40 minutes drinking coffee and reading magazines in the reception area, my A2 was returned from the workshop with its audio system working, its code written on the service receptionist's business card and a smiling 'no charge' reply when I asked how much was the cost. If I was wealthier I'd certainly go there for any maintenance or repair work!

Another warning for Amersham Audi.

Fine for parts, but the attitude from one member of staff left a lot to be desired.

Hello

I think I have a coolant leak somewhere. I can't find it. Yesterday, I put more coolant in but I forgot to put the end cap back. Result today, stuck in traffic, coolant goes all over and steam coming out. Stopped on the side of the road, put water in as it was the only thing I had.
The I call Audi Portsmouth. They don't have it in stock, they can order it for tomorrow. How am I going home?
Richard refused to give me the reference.
Quick call to Tony @ A2Cars, got the reference. Thanks Tony!!!
Found that the same end cap goes on a lot of different cars. Richard told me it was specific for A2. Total BS!!!:mad::mad:
Next time I am in this shop, he is going to get a dressing down!!
Sorry for the long rant.

No it should not unless they have stolen from you. They are not thieves, you don't have to buy from them try TPS or GSF OR ECP or even ebay.

No it should not unless they have stolen from you. They are not thieves, you don't have to buy from them try TPS or GSF OR ECP or even ebay.

There's been a couple of posts taking offence at the reference to main dealers as 'stealers'. Maybe we should lighten up . It's gentle humour and a very common colloquialism.

Dealers are expensive for hourly labour rates unless they're giving special offers which are often available to attract owners of older Audis. It's good marketing sense for brand loyalty. I use my local main dealer for parts as they are efficient and courteous and whilst not the cheapest available I appreciate the service . The franchise has a big overhead to pay for. That's stating the obvious.

Do they earn the handle 'stealer'. Sure in some cases it'll be warranted. The interweb is peppered with tales of people who've been diddled for a variety of reasons. But in a lot of cases they are spot on and do exactly what the customer demands and expects.

The parts guys aren't allowed to quote part numbers for obvious business reasons. Why would you assist a customer to source the item/s from a competitor ?

Do people deserve to be pulled up for using the term stealer? I don't think so.

Last edited:
I agree they can be expensive on labour, but nobody forces people to go there, while they are called stealers as it rhym's with dealers but I wouldn't have thought the forum would like to have action taken against them for allowing a member to name a thread such, it may have been humorous when somebody came out with it years ago but could be seen as slander in this day and age.
This is just my opinion

As Murdo indicated, the term 'stealer' is not unique to the A2oc and is commonly used on many car and motorcycle forums. It however appears not to be libellous unless the dealership is actually named within the text.

Cheers Spike

The voting for the Audi Driver Magazine Awards is only running for another month even though ADI is not until October.
http://adi.flameconceptswebsitedesign.co.uk/voting-open-now
What better way of showing support for your favourite dealer than to give them your vote

There is no specific section for Audi parts retailers but Section 3 will get my vote for Crewe Audi (Thanks to Tom Fox)

Section 7 (Independent Audi Service Provider) is a no brainer and I will be nominating WOM Automotive

Cheers Spike

I've used Finchley Audi for parts a couple of times now. Helpful, friendly and according to the parts manager two of their technicians (mechanics to you and me) own A2's.

Back