Broken heart 420 000 KM

No remanufactured engine found, so my carefully maintained 1.4 Tdi since 2010 will travel to the car breakers. I am very sad for many of the recently renewed parts, it still would be a great car, but the motor...

Unfortunately I don't have a place to keep the car waiting for a new life with a possible new engine.

The short - so it seems - history of my membership has been pleasant, thank you all.

engines and gearboxes are incredibly expensive here. I might be interested in the car... and I probably have somewhere to store. Lähettiin yv!

- Bret

To make a long story short: Today I was at a local tyre repairment shop to repair left rear tyre in Skoda Octavia I yesterday bought in Lahti. The technician there offered to buy my A2. And Bret also offered to consider buying. So now I am bidding:D. Although, I'm not greedy, and my main motivation is consoling my wife, who is now feeling nostalgic over the A2. She even said that she would rather like to spare the car in our yard "waiting for a new engine" than get it junked. BTW, what do you folks think of the tyre I drove with on the highway yesterday with the kids on board ? I got it replaced today, the seller paid half the price.
20180711_124937.jpg
20180711_124937.jpg
20180711_124937.jpg(sorry not an A2 tyre)

As a note for anyone wishing to "scrap" their A2. I bought mine back from the insurers for £350 and gave the shell, engine and gearbox away after removing everything else (they had done 203,000 miles and the shell had rear damage). I ended up with about a £1000 profit taking everything into consideration (minus the labour to remove the bits - took a day max.)

To make a long story short: Today I was at a local tyre repairment shop to repair left rear tyre in Skoda Octavia I yesterday bought in Lahti. The technician there offered to buy my A2. And Bret also offered to consider buying. So now I am bidding:D. Although, I'm not greedy, and my main motivation is consoling my wife, who is now feeling nostalgic over the A2. She even said that she would rather like to spare the car in our yard "waiting for a new engine" than get it junked. BTW, what do you folks think of the tyre I drove with on the highway yesterday with the kids on board ? I got it replaced today, the seller paid half the price. View attachment 41582View attachment 41582View attachment 41582(sorry not an A2 tyre)
That tyre could have had a blow out. Not fun!

I wish A2 prices here in my country was the same as for you guys in UK. 300 pounds for aluminum car with broken engine, it's basically free. Standard price for not so pretty to pretty A2 here in Latvia we have in range of 2,5-4k. If I were you, I would be getting existing engine rebuild, or got donor engine rebuild and keep driving. There are advert here in forum right now engine for 200 pounds...

good ones are similar prices here and even broken ones in Germany are €1000+. Such is life... the UK has it cheap in this case.

- Bret

Back