Today I.....

going from 50’s to 65’s is a huge improvement and the boss is impressed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interior swap for me today, totally transformed from blue sports cloth and cream door cards too...
46BF3493-4F77-44C9-978D-CC71D173561D.jpeg

Love the alcantara ! And black door cards with bose emblem grills.

Today Jigsaw and I...

Went from this rebuilt bottom end;
P7210142.JPG

To cylinder head rebuilt and fitted, transmission fitted and the whole lot slid gently back into the engine bay;
P7220145.JPG

Still loads to do but starting to feel like the home stretch. Wish I'd taken a picture of the rebuilt turbo as it looked better than new.

Simon.

Good to see that you are finally on the home stretch Simon. Looking forward to seeing the front end back on and you back behind the wheel.

Reactions: sco
celebrated an oil-free patch under my other half's car (replaced leaking oil pressure switch, fan control switch in radiator piping, electric window switches, and seat rail end cover yesterday before she took it for a rapid drive to town and back this lunchtime), and teaching my daughter (my little mechanic helper) to ride her bike without stabilisers in 4 hours while Mummy was out getting her broos done... (don't ask).

Today I had a mini A2 meet at my house (you can't quite see the third in the garage - the FSi CS with OSS.

41781113860_1e262fe44d_c.jpg

While the wife is away it will be like this all week while I swap a few bits over from Bert in preparation for a visit from @timmus when he starts his next epic journey! Having driven him a bit yesterday I'm really tempted to just garage the low mileage TDi CS, keep it as nice as possible and keep on using Bert as a daily. Do I have a problem o_O:p

Back