# Username Guest count Note
1 a2sumo a2sumo 1  
2 Vonnie Vonnie 1 Most likely in the same car as a2sumo though
3 Teresa Teresa 1  
4 Dave M Dave M 2  
5 D Darren C 4  
6 trevorswaine trevorswaine 2  
7 YorkshireHill YorkshireHill 2  
8 chb chb 2 Nishe is already cleaning her camera lens in anticipation!
9 Little Dog Little Dog 2  
10 murdo murdo 4  
11 S spike 2 No meal
12 T the grim reeper 2 Possibly 2 more.
13 R RossG1980 2  
14 PeterS PeterS 1  
15 rosiedog rosiedog 1 Just me+ the woolfhound ! !
16 D Dek 1 First time I've been to one of these, a short trip up the motorway
17 Jellybean Jellybean 2 Plus dog!
18 number2 number2 2 Hope to be there.
19 depronman depronman 1 no meal thanks, will need to pick up Wifey in York around 5pm
20 O oneflewover 1 Coming off night shifts, depends on how busy it was. No meal.
21 A2-Dork A2-Dork 1 possible as im dropping off in manchester airport, so depends on traffic and meal too
...and more...

Attachments

• IMG-20180721-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20180721-WA0013.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG-20180721-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20180721-WA0012.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG-20180721-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20180721-WA0011.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG-20180721-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20180721-WA0010.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG-20180721-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20180721-WA0009.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG-20180721-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20180721-WA0008.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 284
To add to others comments, a big thank you to Hilary and Ian for what was an excellent venue and a well executed social. The pub meal, as per last year, was another success - great food, great company.

Thanks to everyone, friends old and new, for making today such a success and for all being so very welcoming to me and my family. Kayleigh remains adamant that we will get a dog - thanks to everyone that let her take their dogs for a walk today.

Can’t wait until next year.

To add to others comments, a big thank you to Hilary and Ian for what was an excellent venue and a well executed social. The pub meal, as per last year, was another success - great food, great company.

Thanks to everyone, friends old and new, for making today such a success and for all being so very welcoming to me and my family. Kayleigh remains adamant that we will get a dog - thanks to everyone that let her take their dogs for a walk today.

Can’t wait until next year.
I would have brought Archie along if I had know there was a built in dog walker, he can do 10 miles and still come back for more after a quick drink (11 month old cocker spaniel)

Echo all the other positive feedback. A lovely day out . Lovely people and lovely A2s. Really enjoyed the air museum and everyone's company. A2OC really is a fine group of decent and friendly people.
Kids had a fabulous time too although after Rowan walking Spike and Janet's dog Mika for a good part of the afternoon - the pressure has intensified for us to have pooch at home ?
Thanks to Hilary and Ian for planning and organising the day.
My ' Och Aye the noo 2' dash sign will take pride of place on the garage wall beside memories of other socials!

A grand conclusion to our holiday in Yorkshire.

What a fantastic day out, well done Hillary and Ian for the hard work,
Rosie had a good day, the children walked her little legs off, slept all the way home.
The weather was perfect, a big change from the relentless baking hot sun.
A wonderful day out with loads to see.
Cheers Graham n Rosie.

Thank you to everyone who attended and drove long distances to Elvington yesterday. Yorkshire Social 'Aye2 Up Again' was a lbrilliant day and the people made it.
Big thanks to timmus for a full day's work of retrofitting, upgrades and solving a problem on Merlin which turned out to be an 'altitude' fault...nothing to do with us being on an airfield!

Hilary & Ian

Well, after 55 hours, 720 miles and 71litres of unleaded we are back home!
The drive up to Scarborough on Friday was a pain, but despite traffic jams and high temperatures the A2 was fine. Comfortable seats as well!
Pete Tong was amazing, and the open air theatre in Scarborough is a great venue! Perfect evening for it, after a few spots of rain earlier in the evening worried us a bit...
Great meet at the Yorkshire Air Museum - again almost perfect weather, warm, slight breeze but not too hot. Great to see so many A2s :)
The drive back, via Leicester to pick up a steering wheel from sciroccorrado, was far smoother. And bumped into Tim us again as well...cruise is definitely on the list!

A quick calculation (based on brim to brim fills) for the journey shows that the car managed bang on 46 mpg.
15AC7608-1516-4167-A69F-9F930C9CB355.jpeg

Not bad. The temperature gauge never waved, and the oil levels the same as when we left. Peak temperature reached on the return (15 miles of the M25) was 32 degrees. Climate control was on the whole journey...whilst it kept the car cool, when set at 18 degrees the fan had to work fairly hard!

A great weekend Thanks :)

Great MPG Peter. I managed a DIS calculated 49.6mpg in the FSI, lost a bit as the roof was open for most of the journey, but rude not too have it open when the weather is nice. Good to meet you and your partner.

Whew. Just home via Markfield. 495 mile round trip and 60.5mpg according to fuelly. Its improving.
Remap gives much smmother running and free'er revving. Cruise on almost all the way back.
Now for other Timmus mods and MYP Gearbox.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just to echo everyone else's post. Thanks Hilary and Ian for organising, nice for us to be 'just' participants this time round.
Also thanks to everyone who came along as well.

Added bonus for me was that the location was perfect for me to spend a few hours this morning with my cousin and family

Great MPG Peter. I managed a DIS calculated 49.6mpg in the FSI, lost a bit as the roof was open for most of the journey, but rude not too have it open when the weather is nice. Good to meet you and your partner.

Good to meet you too :)

Pretty pleased with the economy, given I just kept pace with the traffic and wasn’t trying to be economical. I reckon if I’d stuck to 70, there’d been less traffic and it hadn’t been so hot 50 mpg would have been easily achievable. My recollection of the DIS economy in various A4s is that it tended to the optimistic!

Well, after 55 hours, 720 miles and 71litres of unleaded we are back home!
The drive up to Scarborough on Friday was a pain, but despite traffic jams and high temperatures the A2 was fine. Comfortable seats as well!
Pete Tong was amazing, and the open air theatre in Scarborough is a great venue! Perfect evening for it, after a few spots of rain earlier in the evening worried us a bit...
Great meet at the Yorkshire Air Museum - again almost perfect weather, warm, slight breeze but not too hot. Great to see so many A2s :)
The drive back, via Leicester to pick up a steering wheel from sciroccorrado, was far smoother. And bumped into Tim us again as well...cruise is definitely on the list!

A quick calculation (based on brim to brim fills) for the journey shows that the car managed bang on 46 mpg.
View attachment 41988
Not bad. The temperature gauge never waved, and the oil levels the same as when we left. Peak temperature reached on the return (15 miles of the M25) was 32 degrees. Climate control was on the whole journey...whilst it kept the car cool, when set at 18 degrees the fan had to work fairly hard!

A great weekend Thanks :)
Disappointed I arrived a little too late, wanted to see two A2s. Saw the yellow one but the orange one had gone. Maybe next year?

Back