A likely goodbye to A2 ownership from me also...

I have agreed a purchase of an i3. So I'm going to be writing an ad soon. I am quite torn though. I'm very pleased to be moving on to electric, but every time I see that profile in crystal blue I think, "this is a future car that is 14 years old" and I want to keep him. Space dictates though. I'm quite sad actually.

Loose the beetle mate - I know you have owned it from new but the a2 won’t rust ! And will probably go up in value. Love your i3 though.

I won't be in a hurry to sell Mike. I am only going to advertise here because I want an A2OC owner to be the next keeper. I know then that he will go to a good home. Even if i've not been the best keeper in the world. (you should see the amount of dirt inside the boot after lugging various loads of grime around)

Well, I too have gone electric for my next purchase, but I have decided to ditch the A3 e-tron, but am keeping the A2. Now that there’s 3 of us, we’ve found the A3 to be very restrictive in terms of space and in many ways, the A2 is bigger and better laid out.

I’m actually shunning Audi too, I really can’t stand their lazy design language where all new cars are drawn largely with a ruler - and where has the traditional 4 sided grille gone? Audi have dropped behind in technology and forward thinking, and it’s time to move on.

Some may remember a photoshopped low roof line A2 that I did many years ago. Well I’ve found a car which is an almost exact duplicate of this silhouette and I’ve got one on order:

BD136F50-135E-449A-8A8B-A7D357143867.jpeg

Yes, I-Pace indeed. Looked at i3 - too small and don’t like the rear door thing. Tesla are too much an unknown in terms of spare parts and maintenance and I’d rather not buy into a company run by a megalomaniac who’d make a good James Bond baddie. We even looked at second hand Merc B250e but they’re too little range and have no rapid charge.

So, I’m pleased to be able to buy British, even though it’s made in Austria by a Canadian company!!

Jaguar, or Jaguar Land Rover to give it’s proper name, is a British company with its HQ in Coventry. It is a subsiduary of Tata, but is a wholly British run company which is giving a lot of profit back to the parent company.

Until May just gone, the M.D. was Jeremy Hicks (formerly MD of Audi UK, when they had such forward thinking cars as the A2 on their books) and the chief designer is a Scot, Ian Callum. The new MD is Rawdon Glover, another Brit, formerly high up in VW.

The brand is about as British as you can get from a mainstream car manufacturer now, unless you look at companies such as Morgan or Noble (Morgan have an EV available, but I doubt I’d get an ISOfix car seat in it!!).

Reactions: dlp
We had a similar conversation in the house hold , A2 will require maintenance and repairs , this will increase as time passes ... buying a shining new i3 on a fix rate pcp will cost cir £450.00 per month , plus 1500 upfront , so the 1st year costs upwards of 6 k , 2 year 5.4 k 3 year 5.4 kw that upwards of 16k over 3 years which is a huge amount of repairs on a A2

Made my choice A2 and spend 3-4 k per year on looking after it ...

Humm just reread and my sums appear to have been a little light on the a2 repair cost front ...however after waiting for 12 weeks for my car to have its engine rebuild ,I still believe this car , and in my car Basil makes long term sense....

Back