Today I.....

Today I........

Put my new wheels on and very nice they are too, the ride is very good which I’m quite surprised about!

0a6d8e50de6b1384e2f71e67089998dd.jpg

af663971c7aa54177ab4984c37b4040b.jpg

What do I do with these now?

bd1c613958bbca3fa37a847c4b5b6352.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks great mate the A1 wheels give the A2 a much upto date look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife who doesn’t take a blind bit of notice about the A2 said that’s a “million times better that those old rubbish wheels you had on it before” ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is A2 enthusiasts are on our own... I am getting the same atm because I’ve bought another A2 I get daily “why do you need 2 of the same car?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today (and yesterday), I took it upon myself to install red LED ambient lighting in the front and rear reading lights. I wired the front into the sunroof LEDs so they come on with the headlights and the rear into the switch LEDs, again, so that they come on with the headlights. I also drilled an LED underneath the ashtray to light the area below and it worked well. Overall, looks really good in the car and matches all other interior LEDs. My only criticism is that they could be brighter in the dark.

Adam

Attachments

• 20180916_191131.jpg
    20180916_191131.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
  • 20180916_191128_HDR.jpg
    20180916_191128_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 202
A few days ago whilst at Chew Valley Lake (south of Bristol and a very good fish and chip restaurant there) saw another A2 with owner. Introduced myself and told him about A2OC. He was a young chap and said he obtained the A2 after his grandfather and he was very pleased with it. A2 had done just 50k something miles. Shows low mileage A2s do exist.

I was hell-bent on at least trying to reduce the tappet noise of my 1.4 petrol. You know how awful this metallic clattering can ring around your ears, and to add an insult to the injury this little fella was doing it not only when the engine was cold but sometimes one or two would start acting up sporadically even when driving. So, I did an oil system flush with double dosing and replaced the 10W-50 that the previous owner had used with 0W-30 Castrol. And hey presto, the tappet noise almost all but vanished so I'm a happy camper. Now let's see if it comes back...

Finished putting the car back together, new clutch, the release bearing had become noisey, i guess it did well at 281,000 miles. also changed the oil pump chain and gears as a precaution, it did need doing, the adjuster was nearly all the way out. 20mile road test and all seems good

Today, I assembled my front suspension ready for an overhaul when we get a day or 2 free. I chose bilstein b4 shocks and b3 springs (the shocks, springs and meyle droplinks cost me around £175), along with genuine Audi bumpstops and top mounts from a polo (I've heard they're stronger than the A2 ones?). The assembly took less than an hour thanks to 2 20 year old spring compressors and the fact that it was fairly straight forward. When fitted, I'll report on the ride quality and handling as that is what I'm trying to achieve to a high standard.

Adam

Attachments

• 20180920_175436.jpg
    20180920_175436.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 250
Today, I assembled my front suspension ready for an overhaul when we get a day or 2 free. I chose bilstein b4 shocks and b3 springs (the shocks, springs and meyle droplinks cost me around £175), along with genuine Audi bumpstops and top mounts from a polo (I've heard they're stronger than the A2 ones?). The assembly took less than an hour thanks to 2 20 year old spring compressors and the fact that it was fairly straight forward. When fitted, I'll report on the ride quality and handling as that is what I'm trying to achieve to a high standard.

Adam
:)..Looks very nice keep us all informed as per ride !

Back