Anyone got a vintage classic car?

This is my 1969 VW Beetle - had it for almost 30 years and I am only the 2nd owner
Just completed a mini restoration last year over the course of 5 years and now going like new
Nice to see such an original-looking Beetle. And the 1969 cars still have the character that was lost a bit in the seventies. along with useful advances over the earlier cars.

Nice to see such an original-looking Beetle. And the 1969 cars still have the character that was lost a bit in the seventies. along with useful advances over the earlier cars.
Yes its pretty original - very slightly lowered front suspension and a replacement 1600cc engine and front disk brake conversion about 18 years ago
But yes very usable and good fun with very low running costs - MOT exempt, tax free and insurance about £70 per year :)
I bought the A2 recently as the Beetle is all sorted so wanted a bit of a project car to tinker with which it most certainly is!

Grale RF 6.jpg

I have one of these, owned since 2004, currently in the final stages of recommissioning. I am quite excited about it :)

Not quite vintage, or a car, but I've owned my RS Honda VFR800 50th Anniversary for 20 years and done 90,000 miles on it. Number 37 of 50 made to commemorate 50 years of Honda racing, back in 1998.
I've just had the Ohlins suspension fully refurbished and replaced all the bearings in the swing arm, rear hub and sprocket carrier plus fresh seals and fluid for the forks and a repaint of all the bodywork. New chain and sprockets and brake pads front and rear plus fresh Michelin rubber to complete the project, so should be good for another 90K miles now. :)
VFR Apr 21a.jpg

Back