Dual mass flywheel availability

MGPA1935

I need to replace the dual mass flywheel in my 2004 90bhp, I am told by Audi dealer and after market motor factor not available in UK, does anybody have any ideas?

I have a potential source from one of the Facebook forums for a guy that deals in LUK DMF and clutch kits.

I’ve not tried it myself but apparently the chap who runs the group in question has and it was really cheap, like just over £320, vs. other sources that are more than £400.

The number I was given is 07427427716 - I don’t have the guys web address etc. so I would satisfy yourself he’s legit before handing over any money. Let us know how you get on.

The part number you need is 417004710.

Darling, as far as I know you use the amf or bhc flywheel and corresponding clutch kit but I think there is a spacer you leave out. A recent thread in here saw someone to the same solid conversion without issue.
As many forum members run remaped 75s taking them to around 100 bhp without issues this clutch set up is tried and tested comfortably over your standard 90.
So unless your a harsh driver I would seriously consider the conversion

ooh er missus...
As @Howey has said very possibly the easier solution. Unless you can find a good DMF. Remember though a four pot flywheel is not ideal ( I know I know ) for the three pot 1.4. Only other consideration is the variable vane turbo on the 90 MAY require the use of a DMF more than the power issue.

I paid £370 for this one in Dec 2019 for my 90.

Still available from same seller but the price has gone up.

No affiliation to the seller. LUK item, no issues.

Darling, as far as I know you use the amf or bhc flywheel and corresponding clutch kit but I think there is a spacer you leave out. A recent thread in here saw someone to the same solid conversion without issue.
As many forum members run remaped 75s taking them to around 100 bhp without issues this clutch set up is tried and tested comfortably over your standard 90.
So unless your a harsh driver I would seriously consider the conversion
?
Mac.

Same LUK 417004710

this would be 390.17 with complete savings off Ebay. Maybe better prices out there when there is an Ebay-wide 10-20% off deal going, but that isn't bad given how expensive these are normally.

Honey, have considered that route and had various views expressed as to how good for road use. Any advise as how to do and part numbers would be appreciated.

Back