Today I.....

Hi dj_efk,
I can highly recommend a company called Gtecniq
they make a product for glass which is fantastic hydroscobic properties & lasts for a long time.
View attachment 87297
I’ve used these products for years & can highly recommend them as a company.

Ps: no affiliation just a very satisfied customer.
I do 800 + miles a week & wouldn’t be without it!
Hope that helps.
Keith.
Interesting - at that mileage how long does it last?

Rain X is good and lasts around a month. On the front screen above 40 mph just beads off. Can be prone to fogging on cold mornings after 3/4 weeks.

Agreed, I reapply more frequently in the winter, obviously the less you use the wipers the slower it wears off. I also use it on the shower door.

Hi dj_efk,
I can highly recommend a company called Gtecniq
they make a product for glass which is fantastic hydroscobic properties & lasts for a long time.
View attachment 87297
I’ve used these products for years & can highly recommend them as a company.

Ps: no affiliation just a very satisfied customer.
I do 800 + miles a week & wouldn’t be without it!
Hope that helps.
Keith.

I may give that a go, if it really lasts that long (I suspect preparation wiould be key), then it would work out cheaper than Rain-X too.

I may give that a go, if it really lasts that long (I suspect preparation wiould be key), then it would work out cheaper than Rain-X too.
Yes there is a preparatory regime
But it’s worth it , as almost a pleasure to drive in the rain ?.

…..received my @depronman fuel filter drain screw!!

Attachments

• 4213DB40-2B9A-43D5-8D92-83F88CA20378.jpeg
    4213DB40-2B9A-43D5-8D92-83F88CA20378.jpeg
    551.8 KB · Views: 112
Today I collected my car from WOM where it’s had a service and MoT, plus they had fitted my new set of Vredestein Quatrac 185/50 R16 81H tyres all round. I am very interested to see how I get on with these “all season” tyres.

I have really enjoyed driving WOM’s yellow Colour Storm, but it felt great to be back in my car on the journey home.

Tomorrow (today; it’s late) Tom (timmus) is fitting cruise control. I have had the car since Oct-2009 but following a relocation a year ago, a lot of my journeys are on dual carriageways.
8C5C8249-A488-4F48-89FA-E68D3F5FDE7A.jpeg

Andrew

Last edited:
Made the most of the good weather and got some decent pics my recently purchased FSI. Loving this car since I got it . Totally different to drive to my diesel and with over 100k miles less feels so much tighter. Since purchasing it I've done an oil change ( though it did have a full service in April), had the wheels refurbished , replaced the rear tyres , 2 stage paint correction and then ceramic coated it, leather interior cleaned and conditioned, replaced the broken interior air vent , replaced worn headlight switch , fixed dent in rear bumper . MOT due next month and one of the rear calipers is sticking slightly so will address that and then it should be near enough perfect.
IMG_20211021_135738.jpg
IMG_20211021_135752.jpg
IMG_20211021_135808.jpg
IMG_20211021_135828.jpg
IMG_20211021_135838.jpg
IMG_20211021_135844.jpg
IMG_20211021_135859.jpg

Made the most of the good weather and got some decent pics my recently purchased FSI. Loving this car since I got it . Totally different to drive to my diesel and with over 100k miles less feels so much tighter. Since purchasing it I've done an oil change ( though it did have a full service in April), had the wheels refurbished , replaced the rear tyres , 2 stage paint correction and then ceramic coated it, leather interior cleaned and conditioned, replaced the broken interior air vent , replaced worn headlight switch , fixed dent in rear bumper . MOT due next month and one of the rear calipers is sticking slightly so will address that and then it should be near enough perfect. View attachment 87419View attachment 87420View attachment 87421View attachment 87422View attachment 87423View attachment 87424View attachment 87425
Hi Neilf,
Looks almost new!!!
What coating did you use?
Thanks
Keith

Hi Neilf,
Looks almost new!!!
What coating did you use?
Thanks
Keith
Thanks. Yeah, pleased with how it has turned out after my hard work . I used Infinity wax synergy lite . Very easy to apply and water beading is fantastic . Claims to last for 1 year so will see how it performs through the winter. Hard to believe it's 18years old . That's the beauty of these cars . No rust unlike every other car at this age !

Thanks. Yeah, pleased with how it has turned out after my hard work . I used Infinity wax synergy lite . Very easy to apply and water beading is fantastic . Claims to last for 1 year so will see how it performs through the winter. Hard to believe it's 18years old . That's the beauty of these cars . No rust unlike every other car at this age !
I must agree, but add also the A8 of our period equally fine aluminium design.

HI All.
Not today but Friday my little A2 passed the dreaded MOT 1 st time. Only advisories being the lower front suspension arms starting to corrode. The cast arms upgrade have been on my to do list for past 5 years. Looks like i'm nudged into sourcing the parts ready for fitment next summer.

Today I got home, after a couple of days away, and found a parcel had been delivered from Crewe Audi. Its the last ever brand new RHD headlight from Audi UK. I don't know whether to fit it next spring or just keep it as is. Thanks for it being well packaged Tom ? :)

Attachments

• 1635083375766889753565047165822.jpg
    1635083375766889753565047165822.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Back