Back again! A2 05 1.4 petrol special edition

Has anyone used these stickers on the climate control unit? Do they look cheap or look good?
If any has them do they have a before & after photo of it?
245a1a69add698ac834b566192107135.jpg

wow i was hoping it would be slightly cheaper than that! i found clutch parts at £120 o_O
just found a quote of 4.5 hours for a diesel. It's not that different for a petrol. At my rates, that's €350 in work alone, never mind the clutch set, release bearing and flywheel (which you might as well do while everything's apart).

. Bret

Andy is dead right. Gary at B&F is a cracking A2 Guru, and does not charge silly money. @timmus who is to be found in Lancashire is the resident genius for all matters electrical on A2. He makes an annual pilgrimage to Leighton Buzzard where he holds a surgery for us "down south"

Welcome back.

I’ve sent a few messages to Timmus and not heard back not sure if he got them..

Anywho.. I’ve ran vcds on the car and the door module was flagging up, went and bought another module, changed and tried still nothing.. not sure what it could be but really frustrating I have to keep putting the key in the hole to open n close the car

On another note.. today I spent nearly all day chopping and wiring a new thing.. quite happy with the almost end result, I still need to wire in the rear cam and sort out the FM antenna.. it’s got 2 connectors one fakra & coaxial? If that’s what’s it called? Anyone know how to wire this properly so that FM actually works? I tried wiring in the fakra with the converter and the blue ANT cable and still no joy..

Here’s some piccys of the loooong process
65f371927212d5deb51f22f66931820e.jpg

df904b3ccc1c8cb1bdf800cc88e2710f.jpg

35782e490b3db81d07baeaec99050679.jpg

a2d9eb703b743351aa507a73a3dcc194.jpg

855fb83605527294776d785adba12275.jpg

Has anyone used these stickers on the climate control unit? Do they look cheap or look good?
If any has them do they have a before & after photo of it?
245a1a69add698ac834b566192107135.jpg
They look very good , I have bought 3 sets, there are cheaper ones available on ebay.
however We can have the units refurbed on the forum by a talented member, you need to book with him.

All the stickers I have looked at have a white border around the edges that is noticeable if not immediately after a short while. The refurb button route is best if you want an exact colour match to the rest of the panel, or fit the hard touch buttons from an A4 although they are more black in colour. Personally I like the slight contrast it gives. Here is a picture...

1635020856073.jpeg

Oh, one other thing you may wish to do is unclip the hazard / indicator relay and either slacken the locking or leave it loose as it really is a pain to get at with DD dash installed.

I still need to wire in the rear cam and sort out the FM antenna.. it’s got 2 connectors one fakra & coaxial? If that’s what’s it called? Anyone know how to wire this properly so that FM actually works? I tried wiring in the fakra with the converter and the blue ANT cable and still no joy.
Hello there,

Can you confirm which head unit is it or add a picture of the connectors on the rear and I should be able to point you in the right direction of the adapter you require for radio reception. I'm guessing its the Xtrons head unit but please do confirm.

Kind regards,

Tom

They look very good , I have bought 3 sets, there are cheaper ones available on ebay.
however We can have the units refurbed on the forum by a talented member, you need to book with him.

Oo how much would this cost?Would be tempted to refurb the unit

All the stickers I have looked at have a white border around the edges that is noticeable if not immediately after a short while. The refurb button route is best if you want an exact colour match to the rest of the panel, or fit the hard touch buttons from an A4 although they are more black in colour. Personally I like the slight contrast it gives. Here is a picture...

View attachment 87474

I do like them slightly darker, would they just be a matter of unclip ping them on/off the a4 unit?

Hello there,

Can you confirm which head unit is it or add a picture of the connectors on the rear and I should be able to point you in the right direction of the adapter you require for radio reception. I'm guessing its the Xtrons head unit but please do confirm.

Kind regards,

Tom

I bought the unit on the basis of it being an xtron unit, but then when I got it I realised it’s not.. it’s just a China unit which I’m not too fussed about it still does the job well, it’s only got a coaxial connector not the fakra connection, then loads of pins I’m trying to upload a photo but it’s only showing 7 recent photos on my Tapatalk app I’ll upload as soon as I can managed to get through this lil hurdle

I bought the unit on the basis of it being an xtron unit, but then when I got it I realised it’s not.. it’s just a China unit which I’m not too fussed about it still does the job well, it’s only got a coaxial connector not the fakra connection, then loads of pins I’m trying to upload a photo but it’s only showing 7 recent photos on my Tapatalk app I’ll upload as soon as I can managed to get through this lil hurdle
Evening,

That's a shame as the Xtrons units built for an Audi helpfully have the same rear connections as the RNS-E Quadlock, the blue Fakra GPS connector and Fakra dual radio antenna for the Diversity Unit. This is based on only one Xtrons head unit Ive had my hands on but cannot see why others intended as a factory fit in fellow Audi's would be any different.

I don't use Tapatalk so cannot give any advice on who to overcome your picture adding issue, plenty of members do though and will hopefully be along shortly.

It sounds like your aftermarket head unit didn't come with any type of harness adapter and you might have to start to join wires using the pinout from your original head unit and the pinout of the new head unit. Not an overly taxing exercise but you might run into switched live power line trouble unless you know where to take it from.

Lets wait to see what the rear of the head unit looks like, please ensure you add a picture of whatever harness it came with to understand if there is anything 'plug and play' that might be possible, although initial thoughts are not confident there is. If it turns out to be a soldering task beyond your capability then there is always Tom @timmus who can help out, not exactly close to you but would be a worth while trip.

Kind regards,

Tom

Yes the buttons are simply swapped over from an A4 unit circa 2000 and popped into the A2 climate panel. The A4 panel itself is too large to fit into the A2. The front panels are removed and the buttons then carefully pushed forward out the front of the fascia. You could even do both, have your existing buttons refurbished by James and fit the A4 ones. Here is an example of the A4 panel you would need to get...

Occasionally A2 hard touch climates become available.....

Yes the buttons are simply swapped over from an A4 unit circa 2000 and popped into the A2 climate panel. The A4 panel itself is too large to fit into the A2. The front panels are removed and the buttons then carefully pushed forward out the front of the fascia. You could even do both, have your existing buttons refurbished by James and fit the A4 ones. Here is an example of the A4 panel you would need to get...

Occasionally A2 hard touch climates become available.....
They do I have 1 for sale now :)

Evening,

That's a shame as the Xtrons units built for an Audi helpfully have the same rear connections as the RNS-E Quadlock, the blue Fakra GPS connector and Fakra dual radio antenna for the Diversity Unit. This is based on only one Xtrons head unit Ive had my hands on but cannot see why others intended as a factory fit in fellow Audi's would be any different.

I don't use Tapatalk so cannot give any advice on who to overcome your picture adding issue, plenty of members do though and will hopefully be along shortly.

It sounds like your aftermarket head unit didn't come with any type of harness adapter and you might have to start to join wires using the pinout from your original head unit and the pinout of the new head unit. Not an overly taxing exercise but you might run into switched live power line trouble unless you know where to take it from.

Lets wait to see what the rear of the head unit looks like, please ensure you add a picture of whatever harness it came with to understand if there is anything 'plug and play' that might be possible, although initial thoughts are not confident there is. If it turns out to be a soldering task beyond your capability then there is always Tom @timmus who can help out, not exactly close to you but would be a worth while trip.

Kind regards,

Tom

I’ll take a photo as soon as I can, busy with work this week, maybe Wednesday I’ll have a play, I still need to finish wiring in the rear cam as well

Back