1.2 tdi

1. WallK

1.2 TDi speed sensor shenanigans

Hello! I'm having trouble with my gearbox speed sensor (or other ones that work in tandem with it) My speedometer works intermittently, I think tight turns and potholes are triggering its weird behavior sometimes. Also, it usually dies after a bit of driving when it's hot outside Now my throttle...
  2. G

1.2 tdi front suspension died!

Hello everyone On my way to the store a loud "CLUNK" from the front right of the car. Steering started pulling heavily to the right. On my way back jacked the car, removed the wheel, ball bearings raining and this: The front of the car has been nose diving when braking since I have it so I...
  3. G

Issues with hydraulics/gear box

Hello everyone, It is my first post here, I just got the Audi A2 1.2 TDI a few months ago. I search the forum and I can't really find what I'm looking for. Don't crucify me please if I did not look hard enough. from what I read on the forum, It seems I have a few issues with my hydraulics/...
  4. K

Lupo 3L 1.2 Tdi hydraulics issue

Good evening all, I lurk around here a lot looking for glimpses of help for my Lupo 3L I belive is shares its engine with the A2 3L. Anyway, im hoping someone on here can back up a theory i have about an issue wiht my 3L. I am struggeling to find info becuase most of the owners sites are in...
  5. Alan_uk

Swedish A2 1.2tdi running on biodiesel

Swedish A2 1.2tdi running on 2nd generation HVO biodiesel Just come across this Youtube video www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVkGXan7s7Q from 2 May 16 In the video he says it is made from vegetable waste and he is getting 94mpg (google conversion from 3l/100km). It's a 1.2tdi A2 from 2001 with...
  6. A

Which winter tires for A2 3L 1.2 TDI

Hello everyone, I haven't been on here for ages. Just because my A2 is nicely ticking away, 350'000 km, 90+ mpg and smiling. Just one problem: I need winter tires (I am in Switzerland, we have the alps...). The original size 145 80 R 14 is clearly not available anymore. Audi Switzerland...
  7. S

Audi A2 1.2 tdi, opinions

Hi A2OC members, I have just joined to ask on for everyone's opinion on the European 1.2tdi that I want to purchase. Either from here in the UK or from Germany. Do they come with Air Conditioning and is the performance dangerously bad? Also any advice on importing and things to watch...
  8. W

A2 1.2 TDI 3L Timing Cam Belt garage recommendation

I'm after a recommendation for a garage to change the timing belt on my A2 3L. Having driven and enjoyed a VW Lupo 3L since the end of June this year I'm just about to travel over to Germany to collect a rather nice red A2 3L from the Frankfurt area. It's 10 years old, has done 69,000km, has...
  9. M

1.2 TDI starting problem

Dear all, I bought an A2 1.2 TDI about 3 weeks ago (here in Switzerland, where I live) and now I have a problem starting my car since about 2 days. And so I would like to ask you some questions, please. Whenever I entered the car (before I had this problem) I had to wait about 20 seconds...
  10. A

Front cup holder missing

Hi everyone, My A2 - being a 1.2 tdi - only has one cup holder at the front, as the other holder space is fitted with a blank plate and a warning light behind it that flashes everytime I forget to pull the handbrake... I would like to remove that plate so that I can get rid of the light...
Back