battery

1. kml666

Resurection - how to turn engine without starting

My A2 was SORN end of July 2019 - it was wheel bearing and other suspension problems. I keept engine running twice in month for 10-15min ... until battery decide to die 8 months a go. I'm going to collect new battery today and connect to car. I was told by mechanic to disconnect something so car...
  2. U

Battery warning light lingers on

So no sooner was the last problem fixed than the next one appears :) The car was in the garage to fix fried coilpack that was causing the engine to operate in limp home mode. That's all ok now but driving off from the garage, the battery light lingered on for a long time. When I got home...
  3. A

Car engine not starting

This time it took several attempts and has happened twice in one day, it seems to be happening more and more. The battery warning light and a light which shows a key and a car shows up too. It starts but the engine kind of stalls. What is causing this and how do I fix it?
  4. Pras

Battery died and the car won't even jump start.

I haven't used the car for 10 days and when trying to start - nothing no lights. Multimeter showed 10V. Already have a new F18 Varta on order but I tried to start the car with one of those jumper battery packs (Suaoki G7) and it wouldn't have it. Cranking for a second and then all lights off...
  5. 1

Battery Charger

Hi, I'm trying to charge up my dead battery in my A2, however, the battery jumpstarter I have does not have cables long enough to attach to part of the chassis. In your experience, what is the best battery charger/jumpstarter to get my A2 running nicely again? Thanks
  6. putyourmittenson

1.4tdi Starting Issue

Hi, My first post to the forums as new A2 owner. Hopefully you guys can help out. I recently purchased an A2 of off a fellow a2oc member, however have now discovered an issue with it starting. When you try to start the car it turns over on the starter motor but doesn't fire up, usually...
  7. Alan_uk

Battery tray component part no.

Can anyone help with a part no. please. Local garage say they can't find the no. but that maybe due to it not being a purchasable item. It's a TDi 75 and I have a space saver so the battery is covered by the L shaped plate with the space saver fixing point. At the bottom of the L shaped...
  8. UVK

Water in battery area? ? ?

Hiya, Well i've had my A2 for roughly a month now and love the thing to bits - but - When we first bought the car (1.4 TDi - 2001) there was a damp, musty smell - the previous owner said that the interior boot area had been wet vacced. I later found that the passenger side rear footwell...
  9. R

Will replacing the battery in the remote key erase the settings/code to match my A2?

Hey Guys the signal in the key for unlocking the car is very weak, have to be very close to the car and press it a few times for it to work i have seen replacement batteries on eBay for 50p my question is if i replace the battery, will it wipe of the code/settings in the key? i thank...
  10. J

My dying battery saga

Well it is not over yet. Been going on for months now but at least at the moment it takes about a month between total drains of the battery. So a very random thing that happens to the car to drain it out of the blue overnight. And last night as I walked past it I SAW the problem! My radio was...
  11. Chris93

Battery disconnection

Hi guys, just disconnected the battery on my a2 to change the steering wheel and air bag. Once i reconnected the battery the cars windows no longer closed from the key. How do i resolve this problem? Cheers, Chris
  12. J

Battery yet again.

Well the car got a new battery, had a service, MOT and drove faultlessly over 1400 miles this Xmas and NY to Scotland. I left it outside my house on the 3rd of Jan and have not used it since. Get to it this morning and the ******* thing is dead again. Totally, totally dead. Now the lovely...
  13. J

Battery died AGAIN!

Well I think on battery number two I should now start to suspect the A2 itself? But where to start? The story so far. Beginning of this year I got to the car after it had not been used for about 2 weeks and it was completely dead. The central locking did not even work. So call the AA out...
Back