ccu

1. U

Remote central locking stopped working suddenly (resolved)

So, one evening a few weeks ago I locked the car using the remote key fob and everything was fine but when I returned about an hour later pressing the buttons on the remote did nothing (no sounds, no lights). I could lock/unlock the driver's door manually by turning the key in the lock. The...
  2. John L

Electrical/battery drain issue

I have been having an issue for quite some time now with the car running out of battery if it is left for more than a week or so. Removing fuses 36, 42 and 39 (central locking, other central locking and right hand doors) before parking seems to resolve the issue. Sometimes there is a slightly...
  3. timmus

Service Offered: CCCU Replacement

Hello fellow A2OC members, As part of my ever-expanding list of A2 services, I offer a CCCU replacement service. Earlier A2s in particular suffer from an unreliable Central Convenience Control Unit (CCCU). A faulty CCCU can cause a variety of bizarre symptoms affecting the interior lights...
  4. M

Door, window, tailgate problems

Hello everyone, I have a 2001 TDI which I have owned for about 20 months. Fairly recently I have encountered some problems which it seems are not unknown. Key fob no longer unlocks the car doors or tailgate, sometimes the rear doors don't open at all, ditto tailgate, electric windows and fuel...
  5. D

Problem with key/remote/fob, VCDS 00955 Key 1

So one key "died" a few months ago and I thought the battery ran out, switched to other one I had and it died few days ago. Not really a problem as the car runs so few times a week. Well changed the batteries to both today and they won't resync. Sigh. I tried 4 different ways (yes I know the...
Back