coolant system

1. R

Coolant Temp - odd readings - 1.4 petrol 2002

Hi - looking for some advice. The problem is the coolant temp gauge stopped giving a reading - it used to stay at 90C with no issue. A common problem and I've read the existing threads suggesting temp sender and thermostat and checking that fan works with climate etc - thanks for the...
  2. S

A2 coolant leak, help required

Hello all, So I have a 1.4PD A2, and the coolant is going to somewhere. First it was the expansion tank, it was visible. But now, I cannot locate, and cannot hear any leaking when I put the coolant system under pressure (1.7 bar). The pressure slowly goes down, and no sounds or coolant in the...
  3. R

New to the club, and appreciative of advice already!

Hi All I've recently taken ownership of a '53 1.6 Sport. Following the destruction of my previously cherished Golf V GTi by a driver that fell asleep and smashed into me, I wanted a quirky, future classic, iconic car, and this one ticked the boxes. It seems a great little car, looks like...
  4. M

Coolant loss

I bought a Black 2003 1.6 FSI a couple of months ago and love it. Since getting it I've had to top the coolant up a couple of times and this evening the smell of coolant was pretty strong so thought it was time to investigate. Searched the forum and found this thread...
  5. Y

Cant find a leak on A2 cooling system

Hi, ive got a problem finding a leak on my A2. My coolant system has suddenly started to drain quickly. (coolant symbol appears on the dash). When i pour water in the header tank of the coolant system it drains quite quickly out the bottom, mostly on the left side if you are looking at the...
Back