engine

1. S

Mass Airflow Sensor location on a petrol 1.4

Hi everyone, I wanted to clean the MAF (Mass Airflow) sensor on my petrol 1.4 A2 but I can’t seem to find the sensor, could someone please tell me where it is located?
  2. S

Lambda sensor for 1.4 Petrol engine

Hi everyone! I have a petrol A2 with a 1.4 engine (AUA) and for some years the engine light is being constantly on. All the technicians told me that the root of the problem is the Lambda sensor, but I can't seem to find a part number or a model of a sensor that I could buy, does someone know...
  3. Crgwal

Replacement Tappets Lifters FSI

Hi Folks, I tried looking around the forum for information on this but didn't find anything. My next project on my car is to replace the tappets/lifters on my engine. There are many reasons I would like to do this, the main really comes down to it being a hobby. So please don't use this...
  4. dieselfan

A2 1.4 TDI AMF - Simplified wire loom able to run engine in test bench/stand | how to?

Dear like-minded ? I have been quiet during the winter, mostly due to a major refurbish of my garage. I need a better workshop to be able to fulfil my planes... Due to that I have 5 1/2 A2 ( 3x AMFs) and that I have decided to standardize on the AMF engine and it is decided that one complete...
  5. kml666

Resurection - how to turn engine without starting

My A2 was SORN end of July 2019 - it was wheel bearing and other suspension problems. I keept engine running twice in month for 10-15min ... until battery decide to die 8 months a go. I'm going to collect new battery today and connect to car. I was told by mechanic to disconnect something so car...
  6. ecurb

Intermittent diesel engine slow start issues?

I have been having on an off intermittent engine start issues with my A2 2001 Diesel The Problem: The engine will not fire up immediately, it can take anywhere between 2-10 seconds of cranking the engine before it will fire up. It seems to be random at times, sometimes the engine will start...
  7. L

this is how you change oil and oil filter on your A2 1.4 tdi and save some money

8. A

Car engine not starting

This time it took several attempts and has happened twice in one day, it seems to be happening more and more. The battery warning light and a light which shows a key and a car shows up too. It starts but the engine kind of stalls. What is causing this and how do I fix it?
  9. sciroccorrado

Typical healthy compression 1.4 Petrol

Quick bit of advise guys please... Got a 1.4 petrol engine car in that has the following compression readings: 1: 90 2: 120 3: 170 4: 170 From what I can gather from my reading, it's probably best to consider cylinder 1 dead, cylinder 2 "on the way out", but 3 and 4 okay. Could somebody...
  10. W

Engine cuts out when reverse is selected (manual)

Hello My wife has the 1.4 petrol (X reg), manual gearbox. Sometimes, when reverse is selected (clutch depressed), the warning light appears on the dash and it beeps momentarily. However last night it got worse. As soon as reverse was selected (note manual box) the engine cut out. Thinking I...
  11. S

Information What the TDI 75 looks like under the bonnet

I thought I'd share some pictures of the TDi 75 AMF engine bay, during my strip down of the parts under the bonnet. Some might find it interesting as to what it looks like under there and in parts. So, here we go.... More to follow....
  12. M

TDI engine swap

I have a 2001 1.4 TDI and unfortunately I had both timing belt tensioners fail recently, with subsequent results. It seemed the camshaft was at least 140 degrees out of sync with the crankshaft so I feared the worse, although it happened at very low speed. The camshaft was also seized. I removed...
  13. Toomanygittars

Engine runs fine but stops after any 2nd startup.

My A2 1,4 TDI starts fine and runs smoothly as fine Norwegian cheese when the engine is cold. However, if I make a stop somewhere and start it up again after, let's say, 20 minutes, the engine will run fine for, oh, anything between 2-30 seconds....and then it dies - regardless of speed. Dead...
  14. R

Total Engine Failure (what would you do/advise guys/gals)

This could not have come at a worse time. A2, 1.4Tdi 90 Sport Se (the one with coded factory full body kit & 17s). Always wanted one of these, found one with ‘service’ history, 76 on the clock which seemed to tick all the boxes – was comparing this to my VW T4 with 150k and running like a...
  15. A

Growling when cold & noisy violent tickover even when warm

I've got similar issues as per RWhites had on this thread: http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?18697-Noisy-tickover-clonking-noise-please-help! However, there are slight differences; I know I'll be needing a new clutch as I can feel mine not disengaging properly when I depress it...
  16. T

EGR Fault Fixed, Garage have left a part loose. what is it? What does it do?

Hi Guys & Girls! Wondering if anyone could tell me what this part is? I've just worked out how to fit it back onto the mount within the engine however wondered what the part actually does? Recently I had an issue with the EGR valve/pipe blockage which I have now had fixed, the garage who...
  17. R

Free Audi Health Check Results: a whole bunch of problems, need help please :)

Helloooo Guysss i am a proud new owner of an Audi A2 SE with the 1.6 FSI engine, 60k miles and 53 reg, im quite an enthusiastic person so im going to try and be a very active forum member and try and do my part :). i live in croydon if thats near anyone else. ok so here it goes, went to...
  18. D

Noise coming form behind driver side headlight?

My audi 1.4 tdi has started making a whining sound, sounds a bit like a fan is running and is intermittent. If i'm driving locally it comes on and when i turn my heating off it sometimes goes away but is very weird and not sure what triggers it and what makes it stop. I have taken the bonnet...
  19. J

HELP! engine has just started mis-firing and ABS lights have come on 1.4 TDI

Afternoon guys.. Wonder if someone out there can help just been out in the car today, have had it for almost a year now and it hasn't given me one spot of trouble. Parked the car up in town, came back to it and started it up. I thought it sounded a little strange on tickover while I...
  20. A

Vcds-lite

Hi, I have couple of questions please; I have the VCDS-LITE full version and it works fine on my A4 B6, however it does not work on my A2 - cannot read engine. Any ideas? Other query is, i am unable to clear faults as i use a cheapp Ebay OBD-II cable, anyone knows where i can get a pro one...
Back