fuel pump

1. P

Slow first start after standing

Hi - the forum is new to me and I have searched but can’t seem to find a thread on my issue, not sure I’m posting in the correct place but here goes. I have a 2004 A2 1.4 petrol. I have to crank quite a bit for the first start of the day. I discovered that if I pause with the ignition in the on...
  2. Alan_uk

Cost of a new TDi fuel pump?

Car serviced today including new fuel filter. Now garage can't restart it (or cuts out after a short time). Has been kept overnight. Looking at posts it could be air getting in (but never had any problems before) or failing fuel pump. If its the latter what sort of cost (parts and labour) to...
  3. T

Audi A2 1.4TDI - Is the fuel pump electrical or mechanical?

Hi everyone, I'm trying to figure out if the fuel pump is mechanical or electrical, but can't seem to find it anywhere on google or this forum. I can across a post about a guy trying to locate it but he couldn't find it and there were zero replies unfortunately. Anyone happen to know which of...
  4. C

Extreamly bad starting - Help

Hi My 1.4 TDi has suddenly developed problems when starting. It turns over for upto 30+ seconds before it fires into life and runs lumpy until it warms up.... It's had a recent fuel filter change. The car started fine (within the first couple of turns before the filter change)... Audi...
  5. A

Audi a2 diesel doest not start if fuel level is below the half a tank ? any idea ?

Hi, my Audi A2 diesel does not start if fuel level is below the half a tank. When its gooses down near to quarter tank its need lots of cracking to starts spicily if I left it overnight. (may be fuel pressure drops ?). So I force to refill as soon as it reach half tank. Any idea what cause this...
Back