gearbox

1. P

Reverse gear stuck

Hello All. After years of longing I finally bought my first A2 a few months ago, and love it, best small car I have ever owned. Unfortunately the other day the car got stuck in reverse gear and after reading all the advice that I could find the problem is persisting. Anymore advice greatly...
  2. 3dB

Worn tdi shifter tower fix needed

My A2 have a wobbly worn gear shift tower on original EWQ gearbox so sometimes it's hard to change gear. Is there a newer replacement or rebuild recipe know to fix this? It would be a shame to change whole gearbox just for faulty shifter as rest of it is working fine.
  3. S

1.4PD gearbox service help

Hello dear all, I heard if the gearstick is sluggish or logy (sorry don't know the correct word for it), It's not the gearstick but the gear changing mechanism inside the gearbox. Please correct me if I'm wrong. So my question: Can somebody help me collect all the needed parts? I see there was...
  4. Kyojitsu

What's really in your gearbox?

I'm assuming this might be academic for many on here but as a recent new owner of a 1.4TDi SE with supposed recent service...I changed everything serviceable anyway. I also decided to replace the gearbox oil as it's often neglected regardless of make. So what came out was a watery, quite smelly...
  5. depronman

Long 5th Gear for TDI's service

With the advent of 6 speed gearboxes the long 5th gear addition to the Std TDI gearbox as some what fallen to the way side However I had no need to change a perfectly good gearbox as it had no synchro issues and the clutch is fine, but the engine always appeared to be revving too hard at...
  6. W

PART name and/or NUMBER Required please!!

evening all, Had my 03 1.4tdi up on the ramp today to change my anti roll bar bushes but I noticed a stabilising arm from the gearbox to the subframe had an unusual amount of play in it and I’m wondering if it’s this I can hear when going on small bumps etc. After doing the roll bar bushes...
  7. andrew007007

Chat A2. Just loving it.....

Hi gents. I don't post much on here really but want to put over to the members my current A2 mods and fix situ. Bought this A2 with 140k miles on. Had the engine re mapped An 6 speed MYP Gear box installed New clutch Engine de coke New gear shift gear & gear cables New...
  8. Pinkythelabrat

Gearbox problems - reluctance to enter gear

Good afternoon, I'm looking for some expert advice on gearboxes. I've only driven my A2 and this has always been a problem which has worried me but I wonder if anyone might be able to give me some help in identifying the problem. I've already found that I have a worn syncromesh ring...
  9. G

rumble through car on motorway

Hello let me introduce myself I picked up a 130k miles A2 1.4SE petrol yesterday, I have wanted one of these for a while. However I have a noticeable rumble vibration feel, not highly aggressive but it spoils an otherwise pindrop silent 70mph journey. You feel it more under load or acceleration...
  10. M

Gearbox Selector tower bearing replacement & oil change

Hello. I've lurked here for a number of years. I think I have posted in the past but it was a while ago. I just thought I'd share my experience to hopefully help others. I have a 54 plate 90bhp A2. I need turbo advice but that's to be another thread. So, since we've had this car, it's...
  11. tagscuderia

Trouble finding a gear...

Hello all, for the first time yesterday, my gearbox hiccuped: first I couldn't get 4th from 5th and then later in the day I couldn't get any gear (left it in neutral, came off the clutch and tried again, voila). Both were mid-journey and were the only times I had issues. I've rattled through...
  12. S

Ugly noise, need inputs...

I've just bought an -04 A2 TDi 75 Milage? 126000km Driving home from previous owner a sound appeard in third gear. Driving along in 3rd gear at ca 2500 revs, it startet rattling. Seems liike the sound is coming from under the gearleaver/handbrake. It's like metal rattling, it stops when...
  13. M

1.2 TDI starting problem

Dear all, I bought an A2 1.2 TDI about 3 weeks ago (here in Switzerland, where I live) and now I have a problem starting my car since about 2 days. And so I would like to ask you some questions, please. Whenever I entered the car (before I had this problem) I had to wait about 20 seconds...
  14. W

Gearbox DSK repair (1.2 TDI)

Owner of a 1.2 TDI with 128000 km. Having a noise in the first and the second gear. The noise is like whinging. It is now and then. Did not find a treat on gearbox repair. Maybe there is one. Maybe it is not the gearbox but something else. Planning to open the gearbox myself next week...
Back