key

1. S

Driver side door not unlocking with the remote

Hi everyone, my A2 has a problem with the unlocking mechanism in the driver side door, it won't unlock with the button on the remote, the other doors work just fine, it will only unlock if I manually open it with the key. It's been a few months since the issue, at the beginning the problem...
  2. audiquattro59

Wanted locking wheel bolt key

I’m after a 21 point key for my 2000 1.4 petrol. I’ve managed to loose it ? I’m willing to purchase or just borrow & then I need 4 bolts please anyone? Thanks ?
  3. L

Key Fob Rematching / Reprogramming

Hi, I've recently had the misfortune of losing our only key to our '02 1.4TDi. We called out a local company who cut 2 new keys which allowed us to successful open and start the car, but they couldn't get the remote central locking to work. This company are a reputable outfit and they...
  4. Intercept

Washed Keyfob :-(

Sob... My wife has just reported that she has found the missing A2 key... in the washing machine :( Unfortunately it has been through a wash cycle. My advice was to remove the battery and leave it in a warm dry place to properly dry out. Is there anything else that could be done to improve...
  5. M

Door, window, tailgate problems

Hello everyone, I have a 2001 TDI which I have owned for about 20 months. Fairly recently I have encountered some problems which it seems are not unknown. Key fob no longer unlocks the car doors or tailgate, sometimes the rear doors don't open at all, ditto tailgate, electric windows and fuel...
  6. M

central locking problems , click click noise + door key remote not working

Hi all I would first like to introduce my self as a new owner (two weeks now) of a 2002 1.4 se tdi in dark blue which I bought for my wife to do the school runs and get to work which I paid the sum of £1900 for – the car has 100k on the clock and is far from perfect and needs lot’s of little...
  7. D

Problem with key/remote/fob, VCDS 00955 Key 1

So one key "died" a few months ago and I thought the battery ran out, switched to other one I had and it died few days ago. Not really a problem as the car runs so few times a week. Well changed the batteries to both today and they won't resync. Sigh. I tried 4 different ways (yes I know the...
  8. R

Will replacing the battery in the remote key erase the settings/code to match my A2?

Hey Guys the signal in the key for unlocking the car is very weak, have to be very close to the car and press it a few times for it to work i have seen replacement batteries on eBay for 50p my question is if i replace the battery, will it wipe of the code/settings in the key? i thank...
  9. M

Manual Key functions not working

Hi, after 6 months of troubleshooting using the superb advice on this forum I've finally drawn a blank. My key won't turn in the ignition and also won't open the driver door manually. The remote locking buttons still work though so I can get access. I only have one key, although by sod's law...
  10. M

Dash Instrument Cluster Replacement - Immoblisier not working...

Hi guys, Hoping someone can give some advise on a problem... The instrument cluster (The MPH and rev gage) on my A2 1.4TDi decided to burn out last week. I had a friend replace the cluster for a new OEM part purchased directly from Audi's parts department, however the car needed to go...
  11. A

Spare Key Advice Please

Hello Chaps, I wonder if you can help. My A2 came with only one key - the three button folding type (lock/boot/unlock). What are my options in getting another one. My only concern is if I loose the one I have as it's only me that drives the car. Cheers Robbie PS Thanks for the...
Back